Chapter 6: Rain and History Lessons (Part I)

~~~~~
Y/N's POV

It had been about two weeks since I had that deep conversation with Edd. I felt like Edd and I had really begun to grow closer since. We were practically best buds. It almost felt as if I had known him for eight months instead of only one. Or had it been two? I've lost track of time really. It seemed like I was in a bit of a loop. Different day, same things. At least I enjoyed those things, though. They mainly consisted of hanging out with my brother, Edd, and Tom.

That was during the day mostly. At night, I wasn't getting much sleep. It wasn't getting to sleep that was the problem though. It was my brother... He's been concerning me... Every night his night terrors became worse and worse. At one point, I had him sleep in my flat so I could comfort him. At first, it was only every other day. But now, Matt practically lives here.

Most nights, neither of us got any sleep. We stayed up and watched movies all night. One night, Matt fell asleep as we were watching the last movie of Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell. We were having a marathon. Matt loved those movies, but to be honest, I thought that they were absolutely terrible. But at least I could laugh at how bad it was in my head. Huh... kind of like Sharknado.

Matt was quietly snoring, and I spaced out, lost in my thoughts. My eyes were aching, but I was thinking too much to realize. Every time I was left alone to my thoughts, I would think about him. About Tord... My hatred for him continued to grow after my conversation with Edd. I had the most violent thoughts about him.

I swear... if I ever met him in person... He would pay for all the pain he's caused towards my friends and my older brother... He'll be sorry that he ever messed with my brother and his friends...

The anger was getting to me a lot. Which was strange, because I'm pretty sure I'd never even met him. I was never one to hate someone so deeply without even meeting them, but this was different. I don't know why, but I felt like, I too, had been betrayed by his actions...

Before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep. Of course, I woke up a few times in the middle of the night when I was disturbed by Matt's screaming from night terrors. I never thought of my brother as the cause of my poor sleeping habit. I felt so bad for him. Never before have I wanted to comfort my brother so much.

The following morning, my brother woke me up. I discovered it was about 10:00 in the morning, much later than he usually made me get up.

"What's the special occasion, bro?" I asked, still groggy, wiping away the gross slime from my eyes. Matt seemed to frown at my question.

"Well... I was going to wake you up at the normal time... But, I figured you should get more sleep. I realized I'm really hurting your health," he replied, guilt present on his face. Oh no... he feels guilty... that's the last thing I want him to feel! I was instantly awake and rushed over to his side to give him a tight hug.

"No! No! Don't say that! Think of it like... like uhh... like a sleepover! But, ya know, every night!" I told him, hoping it would make him feel better. I saw him think about it, and then he smiled.

"Yeah... I never thought of it like that! Thanks lil sis! You're the best!" He said, happily hugging me tightly. Okay, seriously, he really doesn't know his own strength... I'm pretty sure that if he wasn't so sweet and innocent, he'd be able to win any street fight... T^T

This day was packed with a lot of fun. And by that, I mean that the four of us had a gaming tournament at the arcade. Man that was a blast! I was able to beat Edd at three games, but I was never able to beat Tom. Matt beat me a few times, I think about four. But total, I say we each played about thirty to forty games. The whole day had been dedicated to that arcade. Haha!