Chapter 3: Dine and Dodge...

~~~~~
Smol A/N:
So... I just thought I'd come clean and say... I'VE BEEN THE WORST PROCRASTINATOR EVER THIS WEEK... I have three days until school starts back up and I haven't written any new chapters for this fanfic yet!!! So I finally gathered up enough motivation to begin writing the third chapter!!! It will be a longer chapter this time so here it is! Enjoy!

~~~~~
Edd's POV

"So! What to make for dinner... hmm... dinner, dinner, dinner..." I repeated the word to myself as I thought of what I should make to please tonight's guests. I wanted to go all out and make a simple dinner! But, "What all should I have?" was the big question...

Suddenly, I had an idea! (Cue Lightbulb Ding) I should prepare a casual pizza with some snacks on the side! I'll make the pizza from scratch! It'll be delicious! Y/n has to like it! Who can say no to pizza?! My plan is fail-proof!

I walked over to my fridge and looked inside. It was almost completely empty... I had some raw bacon, some ice cream in the freezer, and only one package of cola left. So I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down the things I needed to get at the store.

After writing the last thing, I picked up my keys and walked to the front door, stuffing the list in my hoodie pocket right as I grabbed the knob. I stepped out side only to bump into a person who was passing by at the time.

"I'm so sorry!" I said instantly. I slowly opened my eyes to see Y/n attempting to balance herself. "Oh my goodness! Y/n?! Are you ok?" I grabbed her shoulders to keep her balanced. She looked like she was about to fall over. She rubbed her head with her hand lightly.

"Yeah, I'm ok... Just a bit... woah... dizzy..." She shook her head a bit to regain her senses and she looked up at me a bit surprised.

"Oh! Hey Edd! Sorry! I didn't realize it was you at first! I really should pay attention to my surroundings more... I can be kinda clumsy at times," she said attempting a smile, although it was a rather nervous one. Her eyes, although attempting to be calm, seemed worried. I snapped back to reality as I realized I might've been a bit too close for her liking. I backed away quickly so that she wouldn't be weirded out... Stupid Edd~ I thought.

"No, don't be sorry! I should be the one apologizing! I was the one who ran into you after all... Don't worry about being clumsy! It happens all the time! Nothing to worry about!" I said trying to sound confident, but my voice cracked slightly when I said the words "ran into you".

She seemed to relax a little bit now as she gave me a small smile. "Heh, yeah... It's fine!... So where you headed? Iiif that's not a rude question..." She said while she put her hands behind her back.

"Not at all! Just gonna go pick up some things I need to make dinner! What about you?" I asked with a smile, finally starting to relax myself.

"Just heading over to Matt's! Thought we'd catch up a bit on things before dinner!" She said happily. A few seconds of an awkward silence passed.

Say something, Edd! Say something!~ I slightly panicked.

"Well, see ya later Alligator!" I said as I started walking off, turning to give a wave.

"After a while Croc-EDD-ile!" She said happily, snickering quietly at her own pun. I turned around and started walking backwards.

"Ha! Good one!" I called out.

"Thanks!" She responded.

"See you at dinner!" I shouted back.

"You too!" She waved goodbye smiling with both her mouth and eyes before she walked into Matt's unlocked apartment. I turned back around and continued to walk down the hallway. I marched down three flights of stairs and got to my car. As I got in the drivers seat, I put the keys in the ignition. Before turning it sideways, I grabbed the grocery list from my hoodie pocket and read down the list...