Chapter 1: Family Reunion

~~~~~
Y/n's POV

I waited patiently at the local cafe, letting thoughts run freely through my mind...

It's been so long since I've seen my brother. I wonder if he even will remember what I look like? Probably, I'm just being nervous, don't worry about it!... I remember he said something about living right next to two of his best friends. Great... If there's one thing I have to worry about other than the fact that I just became an official college drop out, then it's that I have to deal with Matt's stupid friends... Stop being so negative, y/n! Don't jump to conclusions! They might be really nice... I hope so anyways...

My train of thought was interrupted when I saw Matt's car pull in front of the cafe. Matt hastily getting out of the car, tripped and fell, but quickly recovering within seconds. He raced inside and gave me a brotherly embrace. I hugged him back, barely being able to breathe.

"It's nice to see you too, Matt," I barely squeaked it out. By now he realized that it wouldn't be long before I'd start suffocating.

"Oh! Sorry y/n! I'm just so happy to see you! It's been too long! I missed you!" He said apologizing with much sincerity.

"I missed you too, Matt! How've you been recently?" I asked.

"I'm still pretty scared... I'm just happy that you're here!" He said with relief.

"I am too, Matt... I am too... So how's about we get going! I wanna see my new home!"

"Ok! C'mon, let's hop in the car! I wanna introduce you to my friends!" He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the car happily. Two of my bags were in his other hand, and I had one in each hand. He threw them into the trunk quickly. He then opened the back door for me to get in, and he sat in the passenger seat. In the drivers seat was a guy in a blue hoodie. He had brown hair, and no eyes. Now, I would've though that the no eye thing was weird, but then again, Santa turned out to be a zombie, so why the hell not? I sat next to another guy in a green hoodie. He had dark brown short hair. His eyes, since he actually had some, were a rich brown hue. Matt turned around to look at me.

"So! Just a quick introduction! Edd, Tom? This is my sister, y/n!"

"Right! Y/n? These are my best friends Tom," he gestured to the man wearing a blue hoodie who was sitting in the driver's seat. He looked at me in the rear view mirror and gave a small wave. Matt continued, gesturing to the guy sitting next to me in the back, "...And Edd!" Edd was different from Tom. Edd actually smiled, and waved at me.

"It's nice to meet you, y-y/n!" He seemed a bit nervous. Probably just because he's meeting someone new. He seemed really nice, though. I smiled kindly back, but this only made him more uneasy, because he tried to cover by looking out the window, hiding his face. I didn't think much of it. I knew it was gonna be a long ride though, so when I felt a yawn coming on, I felt it would be best to sleep on the way there.

I pulled over the hood of my f/c hoodie to shade my eyes from the light. I slouched against the back of the seat and rested my eyelids. Every here and there though, went a bump on the road would disturb the peace, I would open one eye to find Edd watching me in a daze. He didn't notice that I saw him, but it made me blush a bit. I soon fell asleep.

~~~~~
Time Skip

I awakened as the car was switched off. I rubbed the sleep from my eyelids trying to wake myself up. I was still only half awake as I got out of the car and stretched a bit.

"Y/n! Y/n! We're here! We're here!" Matt suddenly jumped in front of me and shouted excitedly, causing me to awaken immediately. We walked to my apartment, which was right next to Matt's, directly across from Edd's, and diagonally across from Tom's.

Matt took out the keys and handed them to me, "Would you like to do the honors?" I smiled and grabbed the keys to my new apartment. I inserted the key into the lock, unlocking it and opening the front door. It seemed so empty. But that just means I have more room to decorate to my liking!

I dropped the bags I had onto the ground. I ran around my new home, inspecting different areas with excitment!

"So, do you like it?"

"Like it?! I love it! This is gonna be great!" I ran up to my brother hugging him tightly this time. "ThankYouThankYouThankYou!" I said excitedly. He hugged me back. "I just wish mum and dad were here to see this..." I said now with sadness.

"Me, too... They'd be proud of you y/n..." He said now shedding a single tear.

"Aww, I'm sorry Matt! I didn't man to make you upset!"

"No, no it's fine!..." he said, eagerly wiping his tears away. I smiled at him, but now I noticed over his shoulder, Edd and Tom were standing in the doorway... Nosy friends... I glared at them, letting them snap beck to reality as they both widened their eyes, realizing they had been caught.

"Well, thanks for providing me with the apartment, Tom!" I said trying to change the subject.

"No problem, it was just wasted space until now..." Tom replied. He walked back to his apartment closing the door behind him.

"Well, I'll let you get settled in sis!" Matt said, walking past Edd, who was, for whatever reason, still standing in the doorway.

"You need something Edd?" I asked.

"Uhh, n-no, I was just gonna see if you needed help unpacking..." he said looking down a bit, I saw a tint of red grace his cheeks.

"Well, sure! If you really want to... Thanks!" I said with a smile. This seemed to make him blush more.

"S-sure, no problem!"

~~~~~
A/N:

Sorry that this is a short chapter compared to what I usually write! The next one will be longer I promise!............ Bow chicka bow wow................. ANYWAYS, enough of my weirdo brain! I am very much looking forward to this fanfic! I cant wait to write more. But I'm super tired write now, so chances are that if I were to write another chapter tonight, it would be horrible. Never do something when you are half awake kids! ESPECIALLY FANFICS........ ITS A NIGHTMARE WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT AFTER SOME REST........ Lol XD, anyways, I will be updating this hopefully tomorrow morn. So have a great night/day!

It was ICE SNOWIN you guys!

*Oh god, not the puns...*
(Scrooge you buddy.......)

Do you think we put to much THAWED into our snow puns?

Ah! ICEY what you did there!

Guys CHILL out! I need to write these down!

..... And that's exactly what I did....