Annoyed at his lack of knowledge, he rolled over onto his stomach and muttered a few curses into his pillow. This didn't last long, however, since Chance understood that he should focus on getting into Dez's mother's office successfully. Moreover, if they found files on the man, then perhaps they may find answers concerning the research that was taking place down on the sublevel.

Furthermore, there was the option of sneaking into Ms. Waters's office, but they would need a key. The beneficial part of Ms. Rose's office was that no key was required. Of course, the security would be increased due to that factor. Still, attaining a key to Ms. Waters's office wouldn't be an easy task. Most likely, she was the only one with the small object, meaning that he would somehow have to snatch it from her. When she came into his room, though, he couldn't see any key on her, meaning it was probably concealed in one of her pockets. Another problem was that he might not even see her again, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing unless getting her key became a necessity.

Figuring for now that it wasn't worth the trouble, he moved onto his back before sliding his feet over the bed. Going over to his dresser, he pulled out some new clothes before heading for the bathroom. He just needed a cool shower to clear his mind for a few minutes.

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After her evening meal, Dez began to work on the layout of her mother's office. She made sure to include every detail from the books on the shelf to the way the papers were stacked. Of course, there would be new paperwork stacked on her mother's desk, but it would be in the same position as the last. Her mother always had a specific order for how things were to be arranged in her office. The likelihood of the woman changing the position of the paper was minimal if not zero percent.

Finishing the last details of the drawing, Dez glanced over at her cuckoo clock. It was eleven fifteen in the evening, and Chance hadn't made an appearance. She hoped that he would come tonight, so they could discuss their plan for entering the office sooner rather than later. Besides, she didn't want to have to draw the office again. It gave her something to do but having to the draw the same thing again and again would be tiresome.

Getting out of her desk chair, she pushed the chair in before grabbing her drawing. Just in case someone unexpected came in, she wanted to keep it close at hand, so she could dispose of the picture immediately. Thus, she took it into the bathroom with her before setting it down on the floor next to her.

As she brushed her teeth, she kept her gaze on the door reflected in the bathroom mirror. The moment she saw someone, who wasn't Chance, she would rip the page out of the sketchpad quickly and throw it into the toilet, which was beside the sink. While her left hand held her toothbrush, her right hand rested on the edge of the sink. Her right fingers tapped against the edge, as some nervousness grew inside her.

Hitting the point, where she needed to rinse her mouth, she set the toothbrush down in its holder and grabbed a nearby blue plastic cup. She filled it with water and brought it to her lips. Tipping it, she continued to keep her gaze on the door.

Water passed the threshold of her lips, flowing into her mouth, as the doorknob made no indication of turning. Setting the cup back down, she rinsed before spitting the water out. Her right hand and arm were trembling slightly, as worst case scenarios entered her mind. Just as she looked up from rinsing, she saw the doorknob move a little.