"Now, these will be quite simple. First question, do you have a fear of anything?"

"Not that I know of," he answered truthfully.

Sure, he disliked the sublevel, the building the sublevel was in, and the workers, but he didn't fear them. There was one thing he feared, but he wouldn't voice that to Ms. Waters. Stating such a fear would dissolve their whole plan. Furthermore, it would make his fear a reality.

Noticing that the woman let out a sigh, she lifted up her left hand and signaled one of the workers to bring something in. The worker set it in her hand before moving back to their original place. Chance glanced at the glass container and what was inside. He had only seen the creature in one of Dez's books. It moved around its restrictive cage, desperately wanting out. Easily, he could tell that the creature was not pleased by its capture. Its legs maneuvered around the container, while its beady eyes seemed to face Ms. Waters.

"What about this spider? Now having seen it, do you fear it?"

Remembering the single paragraph on the creature in the book, Chance knew how poisonous it was. It wasn't hard to tell by the red mark on its form. Judging that it was probably angered as well by its condition, he knew it would be wise to fear such a small creature. To declare confidence and provoke it would surely mean a dreadful result. If he were to see it in its natural habitat, where it was keeping to itself, he wouldn't fear it.

"Right now, I do."

Her pen moved across the paper and clipboard, which she had brought in with her. She held the container out for the worker to take before another was placed in her hand. This one was bigger and had a writhing form inside of it. A pink tongue flicked out, striking at the glass wall, while small fangs were evident. It wasn't hard to imagine those fangs sinking into his flesh. Regardless, he wasn't scared by it.

"It doesn't terrify me," Chance answered, wondering how long this exercise would go on for.

Again, her pen moved across the paper, while the worker replaced one glass case with another. This process seemed to go on forever, as Chance was shown various types of animals. Granted, he would've shown more joy had Ms. Waters and the workers not been there. He would be lying if he said he wasn't fascinated by the animals. Before him were the various creatures he had only seen in books. It was a wonder to see them right in front of his eyes. Of course, they were only small animals, but they did have a common theme. All of them provided some fatal quality.

Maybe if he were idiotic enough to taunt and prod the animals, he would fear them, for then they would most likely prove a threat. He knew, though, that if he kept his distance and didn't bother them he would be fine. If anyone should fear the animals, it should be Ms. Waters.

When he heard the chair she was sitting in move back across the floor, he watched her get up before clicking her pen. Merely turning her back on him, she walked out of the room with the workers that handed her the various cages. Once his door closed, he let out a sigh of relief. He was just glad that the test didn't involve something more drastic like releasing the animals on him. Granted, he wished he knew the purpose of these exams. Why were individuals' lives being put on the line for their tests?