Chapter 9

"umm.. well.." Justin said looking at me for help.

I would help Justin but I wanted to know as well. I never know how this subject never came up between me and Justin. I mean Selena was somewhat a big part of his career and life. They dated for about more than 1 year and a half. I guess it never came up until now because i never really cared. But since me and Justin are official now, i think i have a right to know.

"um Me and Selena dated for awhile but it wasn't real love" Justin said looking down

"what do you mean?" My aunt asked

Justin looked at me and i just looked back at him waiting for him to say something.

"Both of our publicis knew that we needed more publicity in our careers" Justin sighed quietly and began, "so around 2011 both our managements came together and talked about us 'dating' to get more action in the public eye. Selena and I both agreed to doing it because we knew that having both young stars dating always got attention. and before we knew it, we were all over the news, magazines and a lot of people talked about us."

"did you ever start to really develop feelings for her?" My mom asked

"At first i said to myself that i should try to develop feelings for her and see where that could really take us" Justin said, "but after a couple months i realized that we weren't meant to be, i would try and be nice to her when there weren't paparazzi there but she would be so rude and i just got tired of it."

"but you kept going with the fake relationship?" i finally spoke up.

"i had to, we both made a deal that we would keep going until over a year came around... and once that year finally came, we broke up." Justin said looking at me but all i could do was just look away.

"um can you excuse me for a minute" i said getting up from the table not waiting for an answer.

As i got up i took a quick glance at Justin who was looking at me with worry in his eyes.

I looked away and walked out of the dining room doors.

I went outside onto the balcony that over looked the Erie Lake.

i went more down onto the grass where the moonlight shined brighter than the sun its self on to the water.

How could Justin be able to put himself like that?

How could you be able to put your heart out there just like that in the hands of someone you know doesn't love you?

How could you want to force yourself to love someone?

Why would you want to be forced to try and love someone?

That's all i could think about until i heard someone open the back yard door.

"Elle? are you out here?" i heard my mom say

"yeah i'm down here" i replied

"what are you doing here? its freezing"

"just thinking"

"about what?" mom said

"Justin.."

"what about Justin? My mom asked

"him pretending to love someone for more fame" i said

"i know its a weird thing but-"

"no mom its not weird its stupid" i said cutting my mom off. "why would you ever want to try and love someone that doesn't love you back?"

"I dont know hun but a lot of celebrities do this kind of stuff for the same reason Justin and Selena did, and in the end no one really gets hurt"