Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

-Lucy's Pov-

I have the worst headache of all time right now. I get up from my bed and realize that I'm still wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I look at the clock and see it's almost noon. I over slept. I was suppose to be at work at 8. I grab my phone and see a bunch of missed calls from Scott. I call him and he tells me that he changed my photo shoot till 3. Thank you Scott. Saved my butt.
I keep going through my phone and see a text message from Dave. I instantly smile and start to think about last night. I had such a great time with him. He made me forget about all my problems at that moment. But back to reality.
I set my phone down and i don't reply to him. I shower and get ready to head out the door, still having a headache. I turn on the radio and Blurred Lines is playing. I instantly start giggling remembering how Dave was dancing to this song trying not to laugh.

-Dave's Pov-

So it's around 5, and I'm sitting looking over my script on set but I don't know what I'm reading. Lucy is on my mind. She never replied to me and I don't know if she just hasn't seen it or just doesn't want to reply. I think about the sadness I saw in her eyes, and how it made me just want to hold her and tell her everything was gonna be alright.

When I made her smile, it made me feel like the greatest person in the world. I got to see her again, and soon.

I decide to call her to see if she might be available tonight. She answers, yes!

"Hey Lucy. What you up?" I say playing around with my script on my other hand.
"Hi, at work. Getting ready to head out in a bit. Why, what's up?" She says. "Well, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out again maybe. Tonight?" I say hoping she will say yes.
"I don't know Dave, I just...Nevermind. Sure, I'll hang out with you tonight. 8 sound good?" She said yes. Oh thank God.
"Sounds perfect." I hang up and jump of my chair. I still have to be at work till really late, but I'm gonna come up with an excuse to leave. As soon as I get out, I head home, and on the way I decide to buy some flowers. I pick up a dozen sunflowers for Lucy. They were the first ones to catch my eye. Bright. Just like Lucy.