“I will do my best to keep him safe,” Thorin responded as if he had read my mind. A smile crossed my face, there is a better chance Legolas would be safe.

“Thank you,” I said one last time.

“I am only doing this to make up for what my fathers did,” He said, but I knew it was more than that. Thorin had a good heart.

    He started to walk out of my cell, but just before he closed the door, I spoke up, “Don’t fall to greed, Thorin Oakenshield, and you will make a great King.”

    Thorin nodded his head and considered what what I just said, “Good Bye Lady Elemmire, may our lives cross again one day.”

“In another lifetime,” I replied, but only so that I was the only one who could hear it. And for a moment, I truly believed what I had said.

~~~

There was a slight wind swirling around in the cell, I knew what that meant, Ravaonna was here. My heart beat started to pick up, thought it did calm me down knowing that Reinya and Gorell were home safe at Mirkwood, and that Legolas had been moved to a different cell upstairs where Ravaonna would not find him (thanks to Thorin.)

Then I heard the confident footsteps walking towards my cell, and there she stood just outside of the door. I wanted to make a clever remark and insult Ravaonna, but I could not think of anything good. Reinya would have known what to say, I remark to myself.

“Well, well, lookie at who we have here,” Ravaonna spoke in a childish voice, “Lady Elemmire, trapped in a little dwarven cell without any friends to save you.”

“Your point is?” I forced a smile across my face and tried to stand up in the cell without showing her how weak I was. Each time I moved a muscle I felt pain, but I tried my best to ignore it.

Ravaonna made a pouty face, “Trying to be all tough, but don’t worry your suffering will end soon! I promise.”

“What do you want-?” I spat

“I want to be Queen of Middle-Earth and rule over every little disgusting creature that roams it-”

She was going to continue, but I was done with her games so I decided to cut her off. “With Me!” I almost screamed, “What do you want with me.”

“Oh,” Ravaonna acted as if didn’t really know what I was trying to ask her, “In that case, I would have to say, I want you dead!”

“That’s all?” My voice was full of sarcasm, if she was going to play these mind games, I might as well not let her win and join in. “I thought you would have wanted to hang me and then feed me to the eagle, or better yet, drown me in my own weakness, water.”

“Those all sound like wonderful ideas, but I had one of my own.” A wicked, cunning, merciless smile crossed Ravaonna face. “But thank you for your amazing suggestions.”

Our conversation was cut short when an army of dwarves came storming down the hall towards the dungeons. Part of me was happy that they might try and stop Ravaonna, but I knew she was too powerful for them to handle.

Without fooling around Ravaonna blew open the door to my cell, and pulled me out by the arm.

I cried in pain as she dragged me out, the pain was so harsh I could barely breathe. We face to face with the dwarves. Thrain stood in front of the guards, and Thorin stood just behind him.

“We caught the girl, now give us our riches.” Thrain ordered with his sword held up high.

The King and his son were clouded my greed, they would not care what happened to anyone else but their riches. I wondered how many dwarves left in the Lonely Mountain that were still like Thorin, or if they all lived this way.