She immediately pulled her hand away, "Why did you do that?" she asked. Maymay's cheeks are so red, she looked like a tomato.

"Huh? Isn't that how the Italians do it?" I asked.

"Dumbass, that's how the French do it!" she retorted.

"No! I swear, that is how the Italians do it, because if we were in France, and you want to do french.. then.." I advanced towards her, and she stepped backward until she reached the divider of the cafe.

"One more step Edward, I swear-"

"Swear what?" I asked.

"I will scream!" she answered back.

"Oh you bet you will May" I advanced more.

"I'm not kidding Edward." she glared at me.

I laughed at her reaction, this time I laughed until I cannot breathe anymore. I clutched my stomach, and I could've sworn my eyes are so watery already. Then, suddenly two warm hands are on my cheeks, and Maymay's face is only an inch away. She pulled me towards her and kissed me. It wasn't a peck or one of those wet kisses, she is kissing me in french style.

After about a few seconds, she pulled back, "Who is laughing now?" she asked as she turned away, and walked to the door.

I went to my table, and got all my things--my laptop, useless manuscript, and pens. I stuffed them all in my back pack and headed outside of the cafe. I looked around but she is nowhere to be found.

"Oh Maymay ..."I muttered under my breath.

"Did someone say my name?" she asked from behind.

I turned around and there she was, leaning against the wall. This is the first time I actually got to stare at her. She is tall and slender, her hair in a bun on top of her small face. She has the most expressive pair of eyes I have ever seen and a very cute nose in the middle. But what really caught my attention are her lips, so full and plump. And those lips were on mine. "Damn"

"Earth to Edward?" she spoke, breaking my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry! Hello there bella" I greeted her.

"Bella your face! I am not beautiful, so stop with the lies." she raised her eyebrow, "Why were you running after me anyway?" she asked.

"I was not-"

"Hep! I saw everything, and I heard you say my name. And believe me, there are not a lot of people with my name, so I know you uttered mine" she stated.

"Well, I was gonna say that I was not running after you, in fact, I was walking, or fast walk. You didn't even give me a chance to run. You already revealed yourself, can't resist my charming face either?" I taunted.

"Charming your face! I just have really good hearing abilities. " she retorted, "So? What brings you here Edward?" she asked.

"Here? Out here?" I asked her.

"Well, I know what you are doing out here. You were clearly looking for me, because you can't forget about my lips. And right now, you are wishing that you are kissing me again, am I right?" she didn't wait for my answer though. She just kept on talking, which is a good thing because I don't think I can answer her question.

"Yes Maymay, that is exactly what I want to do. Kiss you again" I thought.

"I was asking, what brings you here in the land of gelato, pizza, and pasta?" she asked.

"Well, inspiration. I was sent here by my publicist, Anne, because she believes I will find my inspiration here in Italy" I answered.

"Well, I guess she's right, because you just found her" she answered. She walked towards me, and linked her arms to mine. "Come, I will show you Rome."

"Aren't you even scared of me? You just met me." I asked her.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" she looked at me.

"Well, why would I be scared of you? You are too..tiny." I answered her.

"Well, yes. But I live here for the time being, what if I know the members of the mafia?" she challenged.

I looked at her, my eyes suddenly went wide, "Just kidding Edward. I swear, I am not. Besides, if I was, why would I bring them a writer?" she asked.

I let out a sigh, "Jeez, do not scare me like that Maymay. That is the one thing everybody warned me about before coming here"

"I was just kidding. I just don't like seeing people here in Rome, wasting their time in coffee shops, when they are supposed to be finding inspiration." she smiled at me.

"Well, then. Thank you principessa." I smiled at her, "So, where are you bringing me?" I asked.

"To my heart" she then laughed, "I'm just kidding, though you are free to invade my heart at any time. It's vacant at the moment" she added.

"I may actually take you to that offer." I grabbed her hand, and intertwined my fingers with hers. "Tonight, I have your heart and you have mine. Tonight, we are different people".

We walked around Italy like we belong to each other.

---

"So Mr. Edward, this Maymay, is she Marydale in your book?" one of the press asks.

"Yes, in many ways, she is Marydale" I answer.

"And you are John, I assume?" he asks.

"In many ways, I do wish that I am John" I answer back.

"But sir, this Maymay, where is she now?" the other interviewer asks.

"If you have read the book, you would know that Maymay is free spirited. Yes, she has a beautiful soul, but she is still trying to find herself. I had to let her go" I answer sadly.

"But Mr. Edward, how can you describe Ms. Maymay? I mean, we know her as Marydale, but personally, as a writer, how can you describe her?" he asks.

"Marydale is the exclamation point in every I love you's I've written. She is the exclamation point in every declaration of love written in my book" I smile.

---

After the press conference, I decided to stay in the hall and drink the remaining half bottle of wine. I am glad that the book launch was a success, and that the readers are enjoying my story, but something is still missing.

"Oh Maymay, I miss you" I mutter before taking another sip of my wine.

"Did someone say my name?" a very familiar voice echoes in the hall.

!!!