His muse

---

---

"For those of you who don't know me, I am Edward John Barber. And for those of you who know me, I am still Edward John Barber" I introduce myself. Everyone started laughing, so I relax a little and smile.

I look around the hall that my publicist rented, where a press conference is happening about my upcoming book. "Yes?" I nod at one of the reporters that raised his hand.

"Of course we know you, and we can all agree that we are your fans Mr. Barber" he informs me.

I smile at him, "Thank you. Do you have a question for me?" I ask.

"Oh yes, yes. I just want to know, who is your inspiration behind this bestseller?" he asks.

I smile at the memory, "My inspiration was a girl that took my breath away the moment she stepped in the cafe when I was in Italy three months ago"

---

"Oh my god! Inspiration, come to me!" I groaned. I felt so frustrated. "Writer's block! Again". I grabbed my mug to order another Americano, as I just gulped down my third one. As soon as I got up, a woman hit me and spilled her coffee all over my shirt.

"Ouch! Shit! Hot!" I screamed.

"Oh my, scusa signore. Are you hurt? " she asked in the most beautiful Italian accent I have ever heard. "Idiota, idiota! How can I be so stupid?" she muttered, "Signore?" she asked again as she waved her hand in front of me.

"You are staring Edward. Act cool. Act cool" I reminded myself. I let out a deep breath before speaking "Oh, English please. I know poco Italiano" I smiled at her.

"Oh no worries, I speak English." she answered in her Italian accent. "Actually, I speak English very well." she said without the Italian accent.

"Woah! You can do an American accent too?" I asked in amazement.

And she laughed, the kind of laugh where she was clutching on to her stomach, and I swear I could fit my fist in her mouth. She is so annoying, "what is so funny about my question anyway?"

"Scusa. I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that, I can't believe you actually thought I speak Italian?" she smiled at me. "Anyway, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. Wow, we have known each other for like 30 seconds and I have embarrassed myself in front of you already" she muttered.

"Actually, we don't even know each other. I don't even know your name. I am Edward by the way" I offered my hand to her.

She seemed hesitant at first, but then she grabbed it, "Maymay" she smiled.

As she was about to pull her hand away, I tightened my grip around it and brought it to my lips, "Beautiful name for a beautiful lady." I kissed the top of her hand.