Chapter 33

Chloe’s POV

So I should probably explain the whole “I got signed by Atlantic and have a 3 album minimum contract” comment that I made to my dad… I may have told a SLIGHT white lie there because I was so angry with him for abandoning me, having a go at me and generally being unsupportive throughout my life since mum… Although truth be told Brandon HAD mentioned signing me and HAD mentioned a contract term to me and Bruno a week or so ago - I was just basically speeding up the process in my head and telling dad it had happened – it had to now so I didn’t lose face. 

OK so back to the present day… So we were on our way to the Brit Awards in a blacked out stretch Mercedes type car – really comfy and fairly easy for me to get in and out of without losing dignity! And we were laughing and joking… me, Bruno, Phil and Eric were in one car, Phredley, Cam, Dwayne and Jamareo in another and Ryan and the rest in a third. It was a proper convoy of cars – very cool – especially seeing as we had a police escort! I could SO get used to this! When we arrived our car circled once so the band could get out then it was our turn, Phil and Eric got out 1st and we waited 2 minutes – Bruno stepped out and held his hand out to me to help me. I saw the flashes from the cameras and heard the roar of the crowd before I even moved. I walked onto the red carpet and Bruno instinctively put his arm round me – we stepped in front of the fans and they went nuts – there were a few taunts from some silly girls who wanted me to ‘get away from their man’ but I just smiled and walked past. Journalists were asking us questions and I obviously got questioned about my new look – I simply replied that it was a new look to reflect me and my personality. They seemed happy with it. We stopped at each posing ‘station’ before all the guys came forward for a group shot. I went to the side to have some solo shots done as Brandon had said to leave the guys for a bit as they were performing and it was good publicity for the MJT. He also said that if I was to get signed, some solo shots at something like the Brits cannot hurt anything. I was busy posing away when I felt an arm around my waist – looking over I saw Bruno – he leaned in and whispered in my ear “you look SO hot in that outfit with your new hair – I am going to struggle to keep my hands off you” – I giggled and the photographers lapped it up – to them it was a young couple in love.

Bruno’s POV

So we had walked the red carpet, Chloe looked phenomenal in her outfit and wow her new hair – I’d always gone for more brunettes than blondes and my GOD this suited her so well – I was struggling to not drag her off to an abandoned room and have my way with her! She was posing for some shots on her own and I walked up and whispered in her ear which made her giggle – the photographers loved it. Suddenly there was a loud voice over the top of them all – a male voice that made Chloe stop and freeze, a smile also frozen to her face. I knew that voice… “Excuse me? Can you answer a few questions for me?” the voice said… turning towards the direction the question came from. Suddenly I saw the owner of the voice – Callum (Chloe’s ex that she punched in Vegas). Squeezing Chloe around her waist I whispered “follow my lead” and she nodded so slightly and smiled. “Of course!” I said smiling – “Callum isn’t it? we’ve met before I think – how are you?”- he looked so stunned it was unreal – quite funny. “Um, fine thanks” he stuttered before regaining composure. “Chloe, you used to have a boyfriend right? Is it true you left him for Bruno and broke up with him whilst on holiday in Las Vegas?” – Chloe looked ready to punch the idiot… but to her credit she breathed in once deeply, smiled brightly stepped forward (after realising the guys were standing nearby off the red carpet, watching) and said “Callum my dear, it’s so good to see you!” then she turned to the other jounalists that had gathered round to listen “what you all may not realise is that Callum here and myself used to be together, in fact we were married. That is we were, until…” at that point Callum’s face dropped and turned crimson red. The journalists were sniggering “Until… he cheated on me, I found out and I divorced him. It is true I was in Vegas when I met Bruno but I was 100% single and there is no reason for me not to be with Bruno now or ever. Callum here is looking to hurt me because I won’t go back to him. I hope this clears it up, now if you don’t mind, I have the Brits to attend and my man to support.” Smiling She turned and walked away – I was so proud of her but I had no doubt that this would infuriate Callum no end.

Jessica Caban’s POV

I had watched what had happened from the side lines, wearing a clever disguise so no one could recognise me, at least not right now. Callum had messed up the ONE job I gave him -that was not the question he was meant to ask – idiot! He walked over to me and I slapped him hard – “you idiot” I hissed at him – now it’s down to ME to clear this mess up. Follow me and just do what I say – if you can handle that”. Luckily I had made friends with a few of the security guys once I revealed who I was so they let me in the back route – shedding my disguise as I went we walked to the toilets area near the floor of the O2 where the celebrities could go during the night. I waited in one of the stalls with Callum until I knew Chloe would walk in – then she’d be sorry for taking my man… I had a gun, a knife, some duct tape and some razors – bitch was never going to be able to show her face in public again when we were through with her.

Callum’s POV

I was starting to see why Bruno had dumped this chick – my god she was bossy, annoying and egocentric – plus no woman ever laid a finger on me and got away with it. Once we had got our own back on Chloe and Bruno, she was going to learn some home truths. We were wai6ting in the posh executive bathrooms at the O2, waiting for Chloe to take a break – she’d need to (I knew as she had a bladder the size of a pin head). Once she came in we planned to abduct her, torture her and scar her for life – then ransom her to Bruno so we could get his money. Jessica is an evil bitch but my god can she plan!

Chloe’s POV

We were sat at the table near the stage, right next to the catwalk area where the presenters walked up to the main stage to give the awards. I was sat in between Brandon and Bruno with Eric opposite. Suddenly the announcer said we had 30 mins till the show started – I needed the bathroom so I quietly excused myself and made my way there – bumping into Katy Perry as she came out “Chloe! Babe you look stunning and LOVE the new hair!” she gave me a quick kiss and we said bye. I went into the spare stall, did what I needed to and as I was washing my hands I saw a shadow come over me, turning round I didn’t even have time to scream before I was knocked out by something hitting me on the head… then it all went black.