Chapter 50

Catalina.

"You know when Catalina said that you could have come to the game didn't mean try to give us a heart attack while getting here," Victor mumbled as he hauled Adam's dufflebag through the front door.

Adam appeared right behind him and he looked very tired, the telling feature from his accident was his broken arm that was now casted and in a sling. His face was scratched and bruised badly on the right side but he looked aware of his surroundings which was a good sign.

"Are you okay?" I put a hand gently on his shoulder.

"I guess," He pulled a small smile onto his bruised face,"I've been through worst."

"I am sorry I couldn't make it, I couldn't leave the kids," I said sincerely.

"Lina it's okay, I understand," he gave me a one armed squeeze.

"Maybe this is karma?" Victor shrugged as he locked the door and turned the security system back on,"We must be careful with our deeds."

"Since when did you turn into a guru?" I asked.

"Adam you good man?" Cris cut us off, entering the room so quietly I didn't even hear him until he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Cristiano? Congrats on the epic win man. I was cheering from the waiting room. I thought you'd be with the team on the way back to Madrid." Adam returned his hug with enthusiasm.

"They found a fault on the plane so it's in for maintenance. We're leaving at six am instead." Cris shrugged, taking a seat next to me,"At least I get to spend a little time with my family."

"So now would you mind telling us what the hell happened? When I got to the hospital no one could fully explain what was going on." Victor asked.

"I was really trying to make it for the second half of the game but the car I was travelling in from the airport got hit by a drunk driver and caused a five vehicle smash up. That fucking drunk bastard was going so fast on the opposite side of the road that his car literally flew over the median into our lane and pinned my driver into his seat. I was trapped in the back seat for over twenty minutes bleeding away while they tried to get us out." Adam relayed angrily.

"Oh my...Is everyone else okay?" I asked.

"This nurse was explaining to me that there were a couple of broken bones for the other persons involved but he also said that Adam's driver came off the worst of the pack because he got pinned down and they took a while to cut him free," Victor sighed,"Internal bleeding from a ruptured spleen and they had to amputate his right leg."

"Jesus," Cris whispered under his breath, gripping my hand.

"I'm glad no one died," I rested my head on Cris' shoulder and he slung his arm around me,"Because when they called it sounded like a frenzy in the background."

"I'm relieved as well." Victor added.

"So am I," A voice added it's part from the staircase.

"Diana I didn't know you were still awake," Victor said nervously.

"I couldn't sleep Vic," she said dryly, pulling tightly on her grey robe's strings. She stared Adam down with all her might, tears welling up in her eyes.

"This isn't going to end well," Cris whispered to me.

"How's the arm?" She asked Adam, never taking her eyes off of his battered face.

"Painful but on the mend." He admitted quietly and she nodded back awkwardly.

"Well I'm going back to bed then," she turned to head back upstairs.