Chapter 32

Cristiano.

"Ah this is a perfect one." Diana gushed as she handed my phone back to me.

"Yes this is beautiful." I replied, smiling at the simplicity.

"Can I see it?" Lina asked, pulling a shirt on. I gave her my phone and her eyes lit up at the sight of the picture.

In the picture itself she stood clutching her belly while I knelt, kissing the bump gently. We decided that the best way to announce her pregnancy, now that she is around her six months mark, was with a post on instagram.

"What should the caption be?" Diana asked while helping Lina to sit on the couch. She landed with a big 'oopmh' that made her giggle and I swear it was the cutest sound ever.

"I really don't know, you know," I chuckled to myself.

"All this preparation and you still don't know what a simple caption should be?" Diana shook her head in disbelief,"Why not 'little one on the way'?"

"Nah that's too basic," Lina complained, fanning herself with a magazine from the coffee table.

"How about 'Coming Soon. Spring 2016'?" I asked.

"Yeah that's really cool," Lina smiled,"Go on post it. I wonder how many likes it could get?"

"You two might just break the internet with this post." Diana laughed.

"I hope the people take it well." I said seriously.

"They will....Everyone practically adores you two. You're the power couple of Europe." Diana said matter of factly.

"That's not true," Lina smiled trying to brush it aside,"We are not a power couple."

"It is true. Forbes, Time and Vanity Fair says you are."

You've been reading up on us I see," Lina chimed, twirling a strand of Diana's short hair.

"Don't be flattered, my niece was reading the pieces to me last week," Diana swatted Lina's hand away.

I finished up typing the caption and tagging Lina before nervously posting the picture. I quickly threw the phone into the couch and covered it with a cushion.

"I can't watch," I admitted nervously, sitting on the floor between Lina's legs.

"Oh but I can," Diana said, quickly opening Instagram on her phone,"Jesus it has 100 thousand likes already. 110, 120, 250....you know what...I'll just put the phone away..."

Suddenly my phone and Catalina's started going off like mad.

"I think that would be twitter," Lina said, running her hand through my hair.

"Oh this should be fun," I said sarcastically.

"Cris somebody is calling you," Diana said. She handed my phone to me and I swiped the screen to answer without even looking at the contact.

"Congrats!!!!!!" I had to pull the phone away from my ear quickly.

"Bro I think you just burst my eardrum." I said ruefully.

"I'm sorry man, I'm just so fucking excited," Marcelo pratically screamed,"Is Lina there? Put me on speaker, quickly."

"Alright, hold on," I chuckled and pressing the speaker on.

"Hey Marce," Lina called.

"Lina congrats. My god, I'm so happy for you two, you don't even understand how excited I am right now."

"I got it when you screamed the first time," I laughed, rubbing my ear.

"Marcelo is it them?" I heard Clarice faintly in the background.

"Yes," Marcelo called back.

"Hey you two, congratulations. I'm so happy for you two that you don't even understand. Lina oh my god we are pregnancy buddies now," Clarice gushed.

"Yeah we are, isn't crazy?" Lina replied.

"Hey I wish we could talk more but we have to go for a checkup in 15 minutes." I said.

"Okay, take care, we'll talk later definitely. Good bye to the lucky couple." Marcelo chimed before ending the call.

"Thank you for reminding me about that checkup." Lina huffed after the cal disconnected,"I completely forgot about it and I'm the pregnant one,"

"Come on," I laughed,"Go and get ready. I'll be in the Range."

I watched her as she sauntered up the stairs slowly, grinning at the way she dramatically ascended pretending as if she was dying.

"I have to call Samira to come and babysit," I said, picking up my keys from the hook.

"Don't bother the girl, I'll look after Junior. No biggie," Diana waved me off.

"You sure?"

"Yeah it's not a big deal. Plus I have to beat him in his games just once for him to stop teasing me about it," Diana sighed.

"Thank you," I laughed hard, slipping on my jacket,"I'm gonna go and start the car.

"You do that. And please take care of your fiancee and my god child would you?"

"Don't worry," I simpered.

.......................................

"Alright Dr Hernandez, how are we feeling today?" Dr Wahima asked as Catalina sat on the examination table.

"A bit big to be quite honest." Catalina joked.

"That's quite normal. You're starting the third trimester," Dr Wahima smiled wanly.

"Cris, baby, could you imagine how I would look at nine months?" Lina asked looking down at the doctor who was checking her pressure.

"Still beautiful," I said softly.

"You're too good to me handsome," she chuckled, rubbing her thumb against my chin.

"Vitals are perfect," the doctor started off,"You are in perfect condition Dr Hernandez. Now just lets do that ultrasound shall we?"

"I hate how the gel feels on my skin," Lina shuddered.

"It's only for a few minutes," Dr Wahima said sympathetically, spreading the gel all over Lina's growing belly, then starting to  probe with the wand,"Oooh I am already hearing the heart beat. Wait a minute.."

"What happened? What's wrong," Catalina asked worriedly.

"What is that?" I said stepping closer to the monitor trying to make sense of what I was seeing.

"Oh that is just your children," The doctor said,"I'm picking up multiple heart beats, strange that it didn't register on the ultrasound before."

"Children?" Catalina asked.

"Multiple heartbeats?" I asked even more perplexed.

"Yes here we have Baby number one," she said with a smile,"then here is Baby number 2 and over here is Baby number 3..."

"Three babies?" I asked slightly dazed.

"Yes my dears. You're having triplets,"