Chapter 40

Cristiano.

"Cris did you put the socks on Rhanya as yet?" Lina shouted from down the stairs.

"No!" I yelled back from the nursery, desperately trying to get Rani to drink some water from her bottle.

"Well hurry up, these two are getting antsy and the mass starts in twenty minutes!" Lina cried.

"I can't help it, she spat up all over herself!" I responded.

"And vomited on my shirt," I murmured miserably to myself,"How does so much stuff come out of such a tiny little thing?"

Rhanya cooed as if to ask me what was wrong.

"This is your fault,"I scolded her,"You are developing a devious streak, I hope you know that?"

"Ga?" She questioned, more like gurgled curiously, her round, mismatched eyes shone brightly with innocence.

"Damn it, I can't even pretend to be mad with you," I sighed, fixing the strap on the diaper,"You're too precious for your own good,"

I slid the white cotton socks over her little feet and changed her into a comfortable new dress that she hopefully wouldn't mess up this time.

A gentle breeze blew from outside and made me shiver a bit, reminding me that I didn't have a shirt on at the moment.

"Now let's go so Daddy can find something else to wear." I muttered, picking her up from the changing table.

"Why aren't you dressed?" She asked increduously, rocking Selene in the right arm and Xavi in the left.

The sight of her made me stop.

Catalina wore a beige turtleneck dress made of some material that almost clung to her body and stopped right below the knee. Her hair was pulled back from her face neatly and left to fall gently over her shoulders.

It made her smooth brown skin look tantalizingly good.

"She just threw up on me," I shrugged casually, slighty distracted by her radiance.

"Oh no," Lina looked worried,"Was it that one time or more than that?"

"Just the once. Don't worry love, she's okay now," I comforted her, craddling Rani closer to me,"Let's go before our babies are late for their own Baptism."

I walked to the living room and placed Rani into the stroller that I had set up earlier this morning with Junior's help. Lina followed right behind me and strapped in Xavi and Selene on each side of her, all three of them in varying stages of falling asleep.

"I'll go change now, could you please call Ricky and tell him we'll meet him in ten?"

"Of course. And there was another shirt in your closet that I had also ironed this morning just incase." She said with a pleasant smile on her face.

"Thank you so much. You are a lifesaver darling," I kissed her on the forehead and ran up the steps.

...........................................

"There you are. I thought you'd never come down," Adam cheeked as I adjusted the sleeves on the white shirt. It went well with the trousers I had on and it made Catalina and I look as if we had planned to match today.

"Stop being so dramatic, it only took me five minutes," I chuckled, grabbing my watch from the counter.

"Are you guys ready? The kids are in the car and Diana is complaining that the place is very hot already so we should probably go now." Catalina said, coming into the sitting room,"Cris you're driving."