6: The Argument

When he thought I was asleep, Sam leaned forwards and began talking to Dean.

"When we get to Bobby's, she's staying there. Otherwise, we'll have to find her somewhere else to stay, where we can check in with her."

Dean muttered something quietly and Sam gave him a withering look I could feel. "We're not just going to leave her at someone's house, Dean. Like you told her, we're her family now. We have to take care of her."

"And you think the best way to do that is surround her with hunting? To get into all this crap? Because you know if we don't sever all ties with her soon, that's all she'll want to do. Hunt down the bastard that killed her family."

"But she can't, because we already did," Sam said.

I thought to myself, I don't care where they send me, I'm going to be like them. I'm gonna help them hunt things down.

Dean continued, echoing my thoughts, "Then she'll hunt demons until she dies, because they come back. She'll do exactly what we did. She'll finally, finally kill her Azazel, and then she'll see cases everywhere. She won't be able to stop."

Sam threw his hands up. "So if this is gonna happen anyways, why wouldn't living with hunters be the safest thing for her?"

Dean ground his teeth in frustration. "Dammit, Sammy, I'm trying to protect her!"

"So am I!" Sam shouted.

I screamed from my curled up position, "Stop it! Just stop arguing!" There was silence from the front seat and, after making sure I wasn't still crying, I sat up. "It's my life. You can give me my options, and I'll choose the one that I want to. You don't get to decide for me, even if we're family now."

Sam looked back at me and nodded in agreement. "We're sorry. We didn't mean to wake you up."

I grabbed a book out I my messenger bag and muttered, "I was never asleep."

After that, it was a pretty quiet drive, until Dean turned on the radio and started playing AC/DC and Led Zeppelin; what my dad always called 'mullet rock'. I sang along to myself quietly, sometimes looking up from my book, watching the scenery fly by, and other times just blocking out the grief and patching up the dams inside me.

#*#*#*#*#*#

What did you think of the Sam/Dean argument? And what do you think Andy will choose? Well, now I'm going back to sleep because it's spring break and I woke up at five fifty this morning... TOO EARLY!!!!!

Adios!

-ComplexAud424