Exercise Test

"Mother, may I ask you a question? I'm sorta confused." I walk over to my mother, who was gracefully sitting at the dining room table, and ask. She looks up immediately. "I really can't remember."

"What do you want to ask?" She tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and peers up from what she was doing at the moment.

"It was quite odd. A memory appeared and I am unable to decipher who was in it. By any chance, do you know the person who was watching over me when you and father were doing work stuff?" I asked.

"...What do you mean?"

"It was around the age that I was 12. There was a boy watching over me. He took me to the park." Her facial expression has changed slightly. She isn't showing it through her body language, though. It's all in her eyes.

"..." She stares. "Can I ask when you got this memory?"

"A few minutes ago. It appeared out of nowhere. I don't remember how I got it. I don't even remember the memory itself." I cross my arms and furrow my brows out of frustration.

"Ah, it seems that it didn't work." She sighs deeply after mumbling those words. Her body language had shifted from passive to bothered. "Forget about it."

"Forget about what?"

"Just think nothing of it. I don't want you worrying about it. You have that exam tomorrow, don't you?" She quickly looks down, drawing her attention once again to what she was doing prior to this conversation. It seems she was writing a detailed email.

"..." I blink. "Why aren't you telling me?"

"Trust me, please. It's for the best." With a very intense glare, she pierces me with her eyes.

"You'll soon remember. This is beyond my reach. I'm sorry."

<><><><>

Alas, the day has finally arrived. The day of the exercise test. My nerves began to twist and intertwine like a knot. As they began to jumble, I took solace in Todoroki and the others. Speaking to them along with hearing their worries calmed mine, slightly. Things are still to be unexpected.

The instructors came out and stated that we will be facing off against them. THEM. How am I able to fend them off if I could barely fight against that boy with the speed quirk? Life is truly rough. But, luckily enough, I was paired with Todoroki.

(A/n: You will be taking the place of Momo. It will be the same scene kinda, but it's you and not her.)

"(Y/n), Todoroki. You two will be a team." Mr. Aizawa states. Todoroki and I glance at each other quickly. I could tell from his eyes that he was telling me to "chill", as the cool kids would say. I take a deep breath and awaited our opponent.

"As for your opponent, it is none other than-"

"Me, of course."

Suddenly, a chain darts into the ground and a figure came with it. I swallow my saliva and dread.

"Crimson Rose." My mother looks up and fixes her glove. My mouth was left agape. Hell, I'd rather go against All Might!

"You're late." Aizawa sighs.

"Ah, sorry! I had to adjust this costume." She smiles largely and scratches the back of her head.

"....Mother? Wait...what?" I stare. She had not informed me about this.

"Miss? (Y/n), why is your mother here?" Todoroki nudges me. I take a step back and hide behind him slightly.

"...It looks like you are gonna carry the team." I chuckle.

"Woah, is that Crimson Rose? Who would have known?!" Kirishima shakes his fists out of happiness.

"And did (Y/n) say mother? Are you serious? Is that really your mom?!" Mineta drools. "Man, your mother is smoking hot! Let me get a piece of that-"

After being cut off from a nonchalant kick to the face by Todoroki himself as team rocket does indeed blast off again, murmurs from the other students began to erupt. Slightly embarrassed, I cover my face with a hand.

"Yes, I'm her mother. I hope you treat her well. As for me..." My mother cooly responds as she holds her gun and looks at it. She really does turn into a different person when in combat. "I was told that I needed to be handicapped so I don't kill anyone. I'm not allowed to use my gun, but I can use my chain."

"She is also limited to hand-to-hand combat as well. Be careful, she throws mean kicks."

"...That's good to hear, actually." Todoroki blatantly puts. "You are one scary woman, miss."

"I try, sometimes." She winks at him.

The other teams and such were announced. I feel bad for Bakugou and Izuku, actually. I genuinely feel bad for them. Not only are they on a team, but their opponent is All Might. I close my eyes and think up of a plan. Truthfully, I did come up with one. But I'm not quite sure how things will work out. My mother is an unpredictable person. She always thinks outside the box.

"Hey, just stay near me. We can't take her by ourselves."

"Okay. I'll try." After hearing Todoroki's words, I sigh and calm my nerves. I study at my mother and she was smiling like an idiot. "What are we going to do when we get split up? We both know that I am not capable of battling her by myself. You, on the other hand, might be able to take her. If you get captured, it's over."

"You're the one with the smarts and intuition here. If you can't formulate a plan in time, we'll see what will happen. I trust your judgment."

"...I don't even trust my judgment."

"Oh man! I'm pumped! This is gonna be exciting!" She punches the air and swings her chain around. "See you kids soon, I gotta go take my place." With that, she runs through the rural area until she was eventually out of our sight.

"Everybody is at their marks, I take it? In that case, now's the time, freshman of U.A! Let's begin the End-of-Term test!"

Thump thump.

My heart won't start racing.

I'm beginning to second guess my plan. Would this really work? Why must I hesitate last minute!

"(Y/n)." Todoroki firmly calls my name.

"Ah, yes?" I jump slightly after being drawn out of my thoughts. Todoroki stood in front of me, hands on my shoulders. He looked me directly in my eyes, 100% serious.

"Trust your judgment."

All I could do was a nod in response. I couldn't speak. Taking shaky breaths, I began to concentrate.

READY...

"GO!!!!"

[A/n]

This chapter is a little...????? I'm such an asshole for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger once again. My apologies. I did update, though! More to come next week. Ah, this chapter took around 3 hours to come up with and write. I'm gonna keep this short. I hope you guys enjoyed.