Mistletoe

Stiles' hands shook as he pulled his phone from his pocket. He unlocked it just as it started to vibrate. "Scott." Stiles sighed pressing the green button.

"Stiles, are you still at Derek's?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, but Scott, something is wrong." Stiles looked over at Derek worriedly.

"What? What is it?" Scott asked concern laced in his tone.

"He's vomiting weird white crap and he's having trouble breathing." Stiles answered hurriedly.

"What kind of white crap?" Scott asked.

"I'll send you a picture." Stiles snapped the vomit and hurriedly sent the message to Scott.

There was a moment of silence on the other end.

"Stiles, listen to me. You need to get him to the hospital, now. We'll meet you there."

Stiles hung up the phone without another word. He shoved the device into his pocket before grabbing Derek's arm. "Scott says we have to get you to the hospital, now."

Stiles slipped an arm around Derek's waist as he helped him to his feet.

Derek leaned heavily on Stiles for support.

Stiles grabbed the keys to Derek's car. "Yours is faster."

Derek couldn't have objected if he wanted to. He gasped for air as Stiles pulled him to the door.

"It's okay, Derek, I've got you." Stiles struggled under Derek's weight but this was nothing compared to holding him up in a pool for two hours.

-

Stiles threw the car into park. Scott and Allison were already pulling Derek from the car when Stiles got out of the drivers side.

"What happened?" Allison asked Stiles as Scott carried Derek into the ER. 

Stiles ran a hand along the back of his neck. "I don't know, we were arguing and he suddenly just started to throw up that weird white stuff."

"Mistletoe." Allison nodded.

"What? No, no, mistletoe is green with red berries." Stiles frowned.

"That's Holly. A lot of people use it in place of actual mistletoe due to it's poisonous properties." Lydia spoke suddenly from behind Stiles.

Stiles turned to see her holding an actual stem with the same white pebbles that had been in Derek's vomit.

Stiles' eyes widened at the sight of the plant. "Th-that's mistletoe?"

"Yep." Lydia nodded.

Stiles licked his lips nervously.

"Stiles!" Scott called from the hospital doors.

Stiles and the rest of the pack hurried into the hospital after Scott.

"What happened?" Scott asked pulling Stiles aside.

Stiles frowned down at his feet.

"I don't know. We were arguing and he was fine then he suddenly just started to throw up-" Stiles cut himself off.

"It's mistletoe." Scott said.

"Yeah, that's what Allison said." Stiles nodded.

"It's what killed those three werewolves Derek found. My mom called me just before I called you. She tried calling Derek but-"

"He couldn't answer." Stiles cut in quietly.

Stiles bit his bottom lip as his hands began to tremble. "Is he gonna die?"