"What about this one?" Cara asked as she exited the dressing room, twirling herself in a skin tight red cocktail dress, tailored to suit someone of her perfect figure

I slightly contorted my face "Its hot for Saturday night, but maybe not a wedding" I advised truthfully

She looked herself up and down in a wall to floor length mirror, assessing her choice
"Yeah I think you're right"

"I have one left, let me try that one" She sighed, returning to the dressing room for the 4th time.
I stood from the black leather couch I had been slumped down on for the past 20 minutes. Moving toward the middle of the store, I began to rummage through the varied fabrics on the racks.
Cara's head wasn't in the right place for a wedding, so I began to look for something that would match the occasion and her curvaceous body.

"Did you need some help?" A deep voice appeared beside me, one arm leaned on the rack casually

My eyes lifted to spy a man with similar height to my own, a small smile in place as he waited with big blue eyes for me to respond.

"Uh, no, no I don't, but my friend might" I stumbled, pointing to the direction of the dressing rooms "She needs a dress for a wedding, but she's stuck on cocktail dress mode"

He gave a small laugh, his white straight teeth coming to light, his appearance carved beautifully as Cara's was.

It was time to play matchmaker.

I waddled toward the dressing rooms with the assistant in tow, just in time for her to emerge in a little black dress, tight on the chest and peplum to her mid thigh. She looked like an inconsiderate funeral attendant.
The minute her eyes met the sales assistant, she had been caught off guard.
Cara was confident, beautiful, and she recovered quickly.

"Cara this is..." I trailed off

"Justin" The sale assistant finished for me

"He's going to help you out" I smiled, winking subtly at her, her lips raising, keen for the challenge.

I made myself busy in the aisles of the store, keeping a distant eye on Justin and Cara who, for the next half hour, explored dress options for September.
Even from a half store length away, I could make out the flirtation in their body language and voices.

By 4pm, Cara emerged from the back of the store with a bag, her chosen dress folded neatly inside.

"I found one" She held the bag up briefly, a giant smirk on her face "I also found a date for Saturday night and the wedding in September if all goes well"

"Congratulations" I laughed as we moved outside, rain falling steadily on the roof over the sidewalk.
It was miserable outside, cold, wet and dark. This particular kind of weather made me want to stay home, curl up in bed with my twinkle lights lined around my window on, a movie playing softly in the background.

"Should we head home? Get the scolding and punishment over and done with?" Cara asked, pausing in front of a small cafe

"I guess we should, but let's get a donut first" I smiled, pointing to the cafe window to a shelf of large glazed donuts.

4:25pm, my phone began to ring inside my black jeans pocket.
I was late home, and by now, I assumed her to have been notified of my absence in History class.
I picked up as Cara stared wide eyed at me, waiting to listen in on the yelling at I would surely get.