•~•CHAPTER 6•~•

Start from the beginning

In reality, I've only stayed friends with two of my friends from before Conner. He kept me secluded to him and his friends almost all the time. I don't even have a car because of him. He wanted me attached to his hip all the time and said that I didn't need a car because he would drive me everywhere. That lasted about a week. After that I was forced to do what he wanted only.

"-Hang out with my friends and me?" I zoned in back in just in time to catch the end of what he was saying.

"Umm. Sure I guess." Yay! Opportunity to be near him and also spy on him. Hehe. I'm evil.

"Uhh. Okay. Cool," he sounded happy but also leery of what was going on between us. I want to mess with him now. This should be fun. I kept smiling at him in a flirty way throughout the period, but the teacher was actually lecturing today so we couldn't talk anymore.

'Hey babe,' I purred through the mind link. He jumped in his seat causing his friends and me to look at him with confused expressions. Obviously I wasn't really confused, but man was this fun.

'Ummm. Uhhh. Hey Sera-Seraphina,' he answered nervously.

'What's wrong? Why do you sound like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar?'

'Nothing!'

'You answered way too quickly Mason. What are you hiding?'

'Nothing Seraphina. Nothing. I'm fine. I'm just...confused.'

'About...?'

'Its nothing you'll want to hear about.'

'Okay...'

'Have I seen you yet today?'

'I've seen you.'

'Ughhhh! I miss you.'

'I miss you too Mason. Now get back to class Mister!' He chuckles but it's not heartfelt at all. Out of the corner of my eye I see him slump slightly. Poor baby.

The bell suddenly rang and a bunch of students jumped as if they had all been sleeping. I don't blame them. I hate all science. And science lectures are a big fat no in my mind. Probably why I didn't pay attention to anything but Mason all period.

"So, uhh. You still wanna follow me?"

"Yeah. Sure," I smile reassuringly at him and I watch as he fights off a smile. The mate pull is definitely working it's magic.

Mason leads me into the noisy lunch room and then to one of the back tables where he and his friends sit.

"Hey! You're new to me. Who are you? I'm that idiot's overprotected sister." The energetic blonde points at Mason who simply rolls his eyes at her behavior.

"This is Sage everyone. Be nice," Mason says to everyone at the table and then sits next to his best friend and dives into a conversation. I end up sitting across the table and one seat over from him. We are just out of touching range but I can still eavesdrop on everything he says and does.

"What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't. But it's Becca. I'm 16, 18 months younger than Mason. My birthday is in November so I'm kind of a young junior. How bout you?"

"Well I'm Sage, obviously. I'm 17 as of beginning of August. And if you're 18 months younger than your brother than I'm...12 months younger? His birthday is in August too?"

"End of July actually. The idiot luckily got the middle of summer. So cruel, my parents are. They totally favorite him."

"It wasn't their choice to have you in November, Becca," Mason joins the conversation.

"She could've gotten pregnant sooner! How hard would that have been?"

"Pretty damn hard."

"That's what she said!" Two voices added in and then the two boys high fived each other. My eyes rolled right away as a second nature to me. The boys were sat near Mason and both radiated slight power. I recognized one from when I crossed into Mason's territory. The cocky Beta. But I still didn't know his name. I'm bad with names anyway...

"Guys!" Mason growled and then looked at me apologetically. Butterflies swarmed my stomach at how caring for me he was even though he didn't know it was me.

The two looked at each other and then the third guy in their group of 4. They all had confused expressions on their faces and kept looking curiously at me.

"Is she...?" The Beta asked quickly.

"If she is then why isn't she next to you?" The last guy added.

Mason sighs and looks over at me. I act as though I can't hear what they are saying and nod to what Becca said as though I was listening to her story about some dress she bought for this weekend. Whatever that meant.

"I honestly have no idea what's going on guys. My Seraphina had bright blue eyes. But this girl's are brown. Plus her scent isn't drawing me in and my wolf isn't screaming mate when I look into her eyes. I've done it on purpose more than once. But... I feel really drawn to her. I don't know what's going on guys," he sounds so utterly confused and I automatically find it adorable.

"So what do you think?" Damn you Becca.

I look at her and I have no idea what she had been saying. I'm so lost. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"You weren't listening? What? Eavesdropping on my brother and his friends?" She looks disappointed and I feel really bad.

"Sage?" I involuntarily shiver and the four boys all give me more curious looks.

"Umm... Yeah?"

"What did you hear?"