Prologue.

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young girl with fiery red hair, like her mother. However, her Mother's health was poor and deteriorating. There are some who may begin to scratch their heads and wonder, where is the father in all of this? The young girl's father lived on his own, many miles away with no knowledge of anything. 

       Her Mother went ahead and arranged to have her daughter to be brought to this man upon her passing. This estranged man was the legendary, Gaston Legrand. Six years ago, Gaston was a a Captain in the war, and was declared hero of his home town, Villeneuve.

        When the war was over, Gaston no longer remained the same man that he was before. He was changed, somehow. No one could figure out what happened to him. Gaston, himself was probably not truly aware of what triggered this strange behavior. Gaston needed to be reminded of who he truly was. 

       He was certainly not doing anyone a justice or any favors for himself. It seemed more and more everyday he grew vainer, as he fell more in love with himself instead of others. He had no regard for anyone other than himself and claimed that he loved those dear to his heart, but it did not dawn on him to put an ounce of effort. 

      What will it take for Gaston to realize his wrongdoing? Will Gaston ever change for the better of himself and others? Everyone must suffer from consequences for their actions, as every man deserves a chance of a good name or a another chance. One might not be able to take back the clock, but everyone has time to improve and learn discipline. 

A/N: I hope this gives everyone an idea with this prologue, and since its so short that's why I decided to post chapter one as well!!!