Soon, we pull into the familiar driveway and I pull Leah out of her seat. She claps at the sight of Mom's house and when I open the door, she squirms in my arms, wanting to be let down.

"Hello? Mom? Logan?" I shout into the silence. No response. My eyebrows furrow. Mom was supposed to be here. Maybe, she just got caught up with something. I shrug, setting Leah down on the floor. She sets off to the living room to find her toys. I follow her to the living room, sitting on the couch. Leah settles in quickly as I gaze around the familiar room when I remember I wanted to grab something from my old room.

"Leah, let's go get something from Mommy's old room." I say, scooping her up. She whines a bit but settles down as we go upstairs into the bedroom.

I set her down on the floor as I reach under the bed for the box that has rested here for a year. I grasp it, pulling it out. I hear Leah crawl up from behind me and take the lid off, revealing piles of photos and random little objects. I scan the box before spotting the familiar plastic ring. I grab it, remembering the moment.

~~

"Morgan! Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" Luke asks, jogging up to me, feigning hurt. I wipe away the sweat that gathered on my forehead from training.

"I don't know. My birthday isn't my favorite day anymore since I met my mate at my party who I slept with, then he rejected me. All on my birthday. So I don't really like my birthday anymore. I don't celebrate no matter how hard my mother pushes me." I explain to him. He raises his eyebrows.

"Well you should have told me so I had time to get you a better gift. This was the best I could do." He says sheepishly, handing me a tiny box. I smile up at him.

"You didn't have to get me anything Luke." I say, my heart slightly melted. He blushes, running a hand through his chocolate hair. I notice the strands shining in the sunlight, turning a lighter shade towards the ends.

"Yeah, but it's your birthday. You deserve it." I smile at his words and look down at the box, horribly wrapped but still sweet.

"Open it. Please don't make me suffer of embarrassment anymore." He jokes sheepishly. I raise my eyebrows playfully, a smirk dancing on my lips.

"Nah, I don't think so." I joke around. He groans, snatching the box from me. I gasp dramatically.

"How dare you!" He looks down at me and opens the box, holding it out. I reach inside, grabbing a small object.

I pull it out, admiring the celestial ring. A turquoise gem rests in the middle connected to one side of the silver ring, on the other side a crescent moon hugs the side of the gem. I look up at Luke with a smile on my face.

"It's beautiful Luke. Thank you." I say, hugging him tightly. I melt into his embrace, never wanting to move, feeling safe in his grasp.

"It was nothing. I found it at this grocery store. It reminded me of you." I quickly spot the lie. A ring like this would have to be bought from a jewelry store. It must of cost a lot of money.

"Sure Luke. If you wanna go with that story." I respond sarcastically looking up at him, noticing his long eyelashes that overshadow his chocolate eyes, slightly above his high cheekbones. My eyes travel down to his lips which have become slightly parted. I shake my head and put some distance between us.

"Thank you Luke. I should go." I say. He looks slightly disappointed but nods as I turn away.

~~

I sigh, holding up the ring as my lip trembles. Leah reaches for the ring and I grab her, sitting her on my lip and let her look at the gift. I squeeze her tightly when I hear the front door open.