2

7 Months Later...

The sound of leather hitting leather echoes through the gym as everyone trains. The guards, the fighters, future Deltas and Betas.

My breathing comes out in spurts as I repeatedly hit the punching bag full force.

"Harder Morgan! Imagine if the Alpha was in danger, it is your job to protect him." A supervisor barks at me. I push myself harder. Oh the irony. Me protecting Cole. Laughable. I thought he was supposed to protect, defend and honor me. Instead, he is off screwing some she-wolf at camp. I am tired of making excuses for him. After everything, he really just needs to grow up.

When I returned from my summer vacation, I approached Edward on my job stance in the pack. He blatantly said no to my position as Luna, but yes to a position as Beta. As long as I don't have to rule beside Cole. I don't have to represent him or agree with him, I just have to fight for the pack and aid in making desicions on their behalf.

But my wolf aches to be the leader she was born to be. I was born to be. Let's just say we have had a rough time agreeing lately.

The whistle blows, letting us know of our next activity. I rush outside and shift mid jump into my sleek black wolf. She relishes in the feeling of the wind flying through her fur as we run to the fighting grounds.

Once there, I meet up with my assigned opponent. His name is Luke. We have grown to like each other, even though we have to fight each other everyday.

We get in fighting stance, and he gives me a wolfish grin. I would laugh if I were in human form. We hear the whistle, and he charges me, but I quickly dodge and attack from the side.

I pin him down, but he doesn't give up and kicks me. Falling to the side, he takes the chance to go for my throat. But I dodge again and swipe him with my paw, catching him off guard. His brown wolf bares his teeth at my wolf, and tries charging once more, knocking me to the ground and scratches my side. I whimper slightly but scratch him with my back paws and bite at his neck, slightly puncturing skin. He whimpers and bares his neck further, crouching down in an offering of submission.

My wolf pulls away and nods at the wolf she just conquered, pride consuming her. I force her to let me take over, which she does, and I shift back into skin. We have all down this multiple times, so it is so longer awkward. However, I do hide my lower region slightly.

Luke shifts and smiles at me, ignoring the wounds. We laugh at each other. "No matter how many times we fight, I still find it hilarious." He says through a chuckle. I nod and try to regain composure, but fail epically.

"You're wolf is so arrogant!" He laughs at my remark.

"Mayor, Evans! Shut up and go home!" The trainer orders. We try to sober up, but fail and go to retrieve clothes.

"Have you heard from him?" Luke asks on our way back to the gym. I shake my head.

"Same answer I have been giving you for seven months. No." I respond quickly. He nods.

"Who needs him anyways?" I nod in agreement, but my wolf pushes at me to say 'I need him. I need him to come home and love me.' But I am past that point. He is a baby. More so than Leah who has no memory of her father whatsoever.

"Yeah. Leah doesn't need him in her life if he acts like this all the time." I respond honestly. Luke nods in agreement.

"He doesn't deserve you Morgan. Someone would kill to have a mate like you, but Cole didn't realize how great you are. His loss." I smile at Luke.

"Thank you Luke." He smiles at me and we part ways to go change and head home.

~~~

"Mama!" I hear a squeal come from my living room. I smile at the sound and close the door to my cabin behind me.