Chapter five

Police rushes down the streets entering Jane's house's driveway. They get in position pointing with their guns to the house.

Bob and John jump up and grab their heads.

"No no no! Who called the police?" John asked walking up to them looking at Jane. "Did you?"

"No." She replied shaking her head. That moment the house phone rang. Bob slowly walk to it and pick it up.

"Who is this?" He asked and look at John that came taking the phone from him.

"Tell your men to stand down or we will pull the trigger." John said and hung up.

"What's going on?" Chanelle asked the captain.

"We can't do anything at this moment. There's innocent people in there and if we attack, they will shoot." He replied and tell everybody to stand down.

John look at Declan and Jane like he couldn't take it anymore.

"Jul, I know you're here." Kid whispered at the wardrobe as she look at where the voice came from. "I want you to switch off your phone. Take out the batery and crush it."

She does what he says and take out the batery. She grab a bat crushing it.

John walk to the house phone and look at the two.

"What's her number?" He asked. Jane look at Declan that looked at her. John role his eyes frustrated and grab the phone book that had numbers written in it. He call the number waiting for an answer but her voicemail picked up. He put the phone down again and look at the two.

"How long are you gonna keep us here?" Jane asked looking at him.

"As long as we want to." Bob replied drawing her attention.

"If you want the painting, take it. I don't care about it." Jane said showing him to the guestroom where the potraits was that she had painted.

"You're too easy sweetheart." John said and fold his arms.

"Jane, can I ask you something?" Declan asked. She look at him and nod as they look at her. Including Kid that came down and Sylvia that sat on the kitchen counter. "It's about 'the dying eagle'. Can I know the story and see it?"

She got tears in her eyes as she look at the rest.

"This it?" John asked showing to the painting on the wall that was an eagle trying to walk with arrows shot in it.

"Yes." Jane replied and look at Declan. "This eagle's name is Doris. Strong and powerful. Always on gaurd. It had wings that was strong enough to carry him above the clouds and...away from everything. Smart too of course. No matter what happened, it was still fine. Just because it got shot by a million arrows and haters doesn't mean it won't be able to walk even though it can't fly. Never fly too high. If you get shot, you will fall."

She look at the painting and bite her bottom lip looking back at Declan.

"Like Julia said, we're all dying in anyway." With that she looked at the strangers. "Why not pull the trigger already?"

"Jane, what are you doing?" Declan asked about to panic. She look at him as he saw her unhappy face.

"Doing the right thing. You would've done the same." She replied and look at John. "So, what are you waiting for? Just do it."

"Why?" John asked.

"Why not?" She responded.

"We're saving that for later. You don't want your daughter to miss out, do you?" Bob interrupted standing up.

Julia place her ear against the door trying to listen. She look up at the lock and unlock it looking out. She heard someone coming up so she closed the door again and locked it looking through the lines seeing Kid.

"Jul." She decide to unlock as she open it and look at the stranger that looked at her.

"I'm tired of hiding. Where's my parents?" She asked in almost a whisper.

"You have to hide. If they find you they will shoot your parents infront of you." Kid replied trying to convince her to go back into the wardrobe.

"If they know what you're doing they'll shoot you." She said realising he's trying to help them.

"Fine. I'll let you go down, just give me a moment. If I come back alone open up." He said. She nod and climb back as Kid stop her. "Do you have a basement or an attic?"

"A basement." She replied.

He nod with a smile and went out of the room as she lock herself away again.

He run down with a smile making them all suspicious.

"You have a basement?" Kid asked Jane. She look at Declan then back at him.

"Yes. Last door down the corridor." She replied.

Kid give a smile as the three bad guys stood up and immediately head down the corridor telling Kid to keep an eye. Kid watch them disappear into the basement before fetching Julia.

Jane look at Declan as they both look at Kid that came running in with Julia. They open the cabinet as she climb in and lock the door. Jane look a little relieved from them to Declan.

"Shhht." Kid made them quiet as they nod and went back to reality knowing that they are still in danger. The three came back out after a while drawing Jane and Declan's attention.

"She wasn't there either." John said as Bob gave Kid an add look.

Outside, the police just stood there waiting for something to happen. Mike walk up to Chanelle that was also waiting for news.

"Are they okay?" Mike asked touching her shoulder.

"I don't know. The police will make a call any time now. For all we know, they're still in there." Chanelle replied. They both look at a police officer that started talking on the phone.

"Miss, calm down. Are you okay?" They run to him.

Bob held the phone to Jane's ear as she struggle to talk straight.

"Yeah...we're...me and Declan is okay...I..." she said as Bob role his eyes and look at John.

"And your daughter?" The officer asked. Jane look around and calm down a bit.

"I don't know where she is." She replied and look at Declan. Bob take the phone and hung up.

"So?" Chanelle questioned the police officer.

"Jane and Declan is in the house. They don't know where Julia is." He said as Chanelle remembered the text.

"She's still alive. She's just hiding. I know it." Chanelle told them.