"She lost me. I get it." He said also folding his arms.

"Besides that, she didn't just loose you, she also lost her brother." Jane corrected him amicably.

He look down sadly then back up at her that stared at him.

"I need to say thank you. When she had no one, she had you. If she didn't have you she wouldn't have been where she is today." He said being serious about thanking her. "Thank you Jane."

"Hey, that's what a mother is there for." She smiled raising her hand to touch his arm but stop in anyway. "So, what are you doing tomorrow night?"

"Probably the usual. Drinking with Mike." He replied on his most honnest way.

"Well, I uhmmm...I'm baking. Chicken and..." she tried to talk but struggle to say her say. "...and...whatever I'm..."

She gave a sighed closing her eyes. She open it again and take a deep breath looking at Declan that gave her a smile realising how speechless she is.

"Will you join us for dinner?" She finaly asked and pull in her lips hoping he'd say yes eventhough she don't even know why she asked.

"I'd love to." He replied gently. She sighed in relieve and give a big smile.

"Okay. Thank you. I'll uhmmm...I'll call Julia." Jane said and walk to her front door. "Jul!"

Julia came walking out looking at both her parents.

"Your father is joining us for dinner tomorrow night." Jane informed her as she give a little smile and look at Declan.

"Great. That way me and dad can have a talk." Julia said giving him a serious smile.

"You want to talk?" Declan asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'll leave you two to it." Jane smiled and walk into the house.

Julia fold her arms and pull in her lips.

"Mom's a wonderful women, ain't she?" Julia started being the serious one here.

"She sure can be." Declan replied scratching his head. This is his way of lying. She know it just as well as Jane does.

"You're making a fool out of mom. The last one breaking her heart should be you." Julia said as he look at her confused.

"I'm not here to break her heart." He said putting his hands infront of him.

"Why did you scratch your head then?" She asked waiting for an explanation. "It's a thing you do everytime you tell a lie."

"Honey, it's not like that." Declan tried to explain.

"Then what is it like?" Julia asked shaking her head from side to side.

"I thought you only want to talk. But if it's about your mother we should talk more privately." Declan suggested. Julia put her hands in her hair looking at her dad.

"Drop it. The way I see it we'll never get to talk about Jade." Julia said unhappily as Declan got a little unhappy. "I talked to mom about him last night and she didn't mind at all so I'll see you tomorrow again."

Declan stood there shocked as he watch his daughter go into the house. He rub his hand over his face standing there speechless.

"She wants any reason to hate me." Declan told his friend as they sat at the bar drinking bier.

"Declan, you abandoned her for some other women. Of course she'll do anything to let you feel horrible. Just imagine how she must've felt when you weren't there to be the toothfairy or the one to go to her father and daughter school dance." Mike said talking sence into his friend's head. "Plus, she's not dumb. She's a bright kid."