"That's awesome, dad!" I jumped to hug him.  I noticed that he wasn't as excited as I thought he would be, "Is there something wrong dad?" 

"Well have to move to New York in just a couple of days," I could tell that this bit of information was bothering him. 

"So?" 

"I know that most of your life has been crazy mainly because of my job. I know that you love living here,"

"Dad, I love you and I know how important this is for you. I'll adjust to New York just fine," I gave him a big hug. I felt how my dad planted a kiss on the top of my head.  I knew that my life was about to change a lot but I was ready to embrace it all. 

*****

The last couple of days were a blur in my mind. As soon as my dad accepted the job we started to pack up our 'essentials' we own the house in Florida and dad has plans for us to come back in the winter. I was happy about that decision because the idea of spending the winter in New York didn't thrill me. The cold is not my thing. I guess I got that Caribbean heat from my mom. 

We landed at John F Kennedy airport. Due to some rain in our area, our flight had taken off later than it was supposed to.  This allowed us to watch the city lights on a beautiful New York night, that view from the top made me even more excited about moving here. I knew that my dad was going to be happy with his new job and I would have a million things to do around the city. 

We got our luggage and made our way out of the airport. I keep looking around because Mike had sent a driver to get us. I was worried that maybe due to the delay the driver wouldn't be there. As we walked down the ramp I looked around and spotted a man standing among the people holding a little sign with my dad's name on it.

"There, dad!" I pointed to the man.

We walked toward him and introduced ourselves. The driver, Vince, informed us that he is a special driver that does numerous things for the Yankees like driving players to appointments and taking care of things for the guys in the office when things come up.  It was almost ten when we arrived at our new apartment. I had some food during the flight so I just took a pill for my headache and went straight to bed after taking a much-needed hot shower.

******

"Bells, I'm heading to the ballpark"  I heard my dad's voice on the other side of my bedroom door.  I made a zombie walk towards the door.

"Morning dad," I managed to say with my eyes still close.

"I didn't want to wake you, but I'm leaving," Dad said with a little smile.

"I thought that they were on break," I said a little confused because we were still in the middle of the all-star break and the Yankees were not even playing.

"A couple of the guys are back in New York and Mike wants to introduce me" Dad explained.

"I see, you think  that you will be back before dinner?"  I asked.

"Sure, I don't think that we would work out or anything is just meeting the players, walking around the facilities and things like that" he explained. 

"Okay, so I'll make dinner"  I offered.

"That sounds great, I'll see you later, honey" he kissed the top of my head.

"Love you, dad" 

"Love you, more" 

After taking a shower I  got into the living room and turned the TV on, it was set to the Baseball Network, a sign that my dad was watching the TV before he left, not like there is much difference between us  I watch the channel quite a lot too. They kept playing videos from Monday Night where Rookie sensation Aaron Jacobs lived up to the hype and won the home run derby.