"I'm okay!" He quickly got up and ran over to Silvano, who gladly picked him up and placed him on his shoulders.

"What do you need, Silvano?" Carson asked, tossing the covers over to me as he stood up from the bed.

"I just came to escort these two over to your building, after you leave." He declared, Matthew tugging on his blonde locks.

"That way you won't have to wait for us and we can leave to Arizona faster." I agreed, watching as Silvano left, closing the door behind him, Matthew's muffled laughter sounding.

"I still don't like him over here, he gets too close." Carson grumbled, walking over to the bathroom sink. I stifled a smile, it didn't matter how many times I told him that Silvano was just a silly friend, and that I loved Carson, he always felt that Silvano needed to keep his space from me.

Climbing out of bed, I walked over to him from behind and wrapped my arms around his torso, pressing a quick kiss on his muscular back. "My wedding ring states otherwise." I joked, turning away as he got ready for his shower. I walked out, leaving him so that I could get ready.

While I got ready and tidied up the house, Carson left, his phone stuck to his ear as he kissed my forehead and Matthew's head on the way out. I had taken Matthew to go get a bath and dressed him before heading back downstairs to make breakfast.

"What did Carson have to handle?" I asked, taking the opportunity that Matthew was interested in some baby cartoons in the TV in the living room.

"Remember the guy that shot Carson, back when you lived in Arizona? Marino?" He asked, pouring some batter into the pan as I removed another pancake.

"Like it was yesterday." I nodded, reaching over to our fridge to pull out some fruit.

"Well, he's back." Silvano muttered, and I felt my blood go cold.

"And Carson is with him? I thought he died." I placed the blueberries on the counter, watching Silvano carefully as he grabbed the spatula to flip the pancake. "Silvano, that man is dangerous. Why aren't you helping?"

That man was the only man that ever actually hurt Carson, and the idea of Carson over there with him made my stomach hurt, ridding me of my appetite.

"Linia is with him, and trust me, the only reason he ever actually hurt Vescovi was because he was tied down and because that man would retaliate on you if Vescovi didn't go along with whatever fucked up plan that man had." Silvano shrugged it off, placing the last pancake on the plate.

"Matthew, honey, come eat breakfast." I called out, focusing on washing the blueberries and strawberries before ripping the green leaves on top off the red berries and placing them in a plate. "Do you want blueberries and strawberries?" I asked softly, running a hand through his light brown hair, styling it to the side.

"Blue." He answered, grabbing his forkful of pancakes and shoving them in his mouth.

"Be careful, you don't want to choke." I placed his chocolate milk on the table, the straw sticking out so he wouldn't need to chug it and spill it on his clothes. Sitting down, I conversed with Silvano about nonsense work things, careful around what to say now that Matthew was here, even though he seemed way too interested in how one blueberry was bigger than the other.

I was washing the dishes as Silvano grabbed our luggage and packed it into the black Escalade, Matthew was walking around with his white blanket, groaning from how tired he was. Even though he was not a baby anymore, he still slept like one, he couldn't last more than three hours up without having a nap in between, and at times, I was glad, he had way too much energy in his tiny body.