Spellbound

Chapter 1- 

Two Years Ago... 

"Do you guys think anything will change in high school?" Faye Duncan asked her three best friends; Hayley Roads, Savannah Cole, and Parker Kim. She was worried of what will happen in just a matter of a few weeks. It was the summer before freshman year and it was going great for them all. Hayley sat next to Faye and laughed at her.  

"Nothing will ever change. We are all best friends and we will get through high school together." Hayley said in one of her rare nice moments. Hayley was the leader of the pack, the "queen bee" in town. She was notorious for her way or no way. She is a fiery redheaded beauty, with a small frame and at average height you wouldn't expect Hayley to be a "monster" as everyone called her, but she was.  

Faye was grateful for Hayley's moment. Faye Duncan was a little overweight and Hayley liked to point it out whenever Faye desperately didn't want her too. Faye had tried everything to lose the weight - even going vegan - but nothing worked. She was okay with how she looked when she was alone, but when she was out of her bedroom bubble she felt insecure. That's why she decided to spice things up last week. Faye went to the salon with her mother and asked for a completely different haircut. She normally had shoulder length dark black hair - that matched her darker skin tone. Her mother was as white as snow but her father was Native American, so Faye looked like a mix between them. But Faye wanted a change so she told her hairdresser to surprise her, which has lead to her new bob haircut. She didn't mind it - in fact she kind of liked it.  

"Faye you're gonna love high school. There are so many more boys" Savannah Cole said to Faye. She was sitting across from her in the old tree house. They were at Hayley's house and hanging inside her twin brother's old tree house. It was where they went to talk in secret. Savannah was the most different from everyone in the group. She loved classic movies, old rock songs, writing in her journal, and dressing unlike her three friends. She didn't care what other's thought of her and most of the time ignored everyone. She was the "rebel" as Hayley liked to call her. Savannah didn't see it that way. She has wavy blonde hair and since summer started she has had blue streaks in her hair. She told her Grams it was because she needed to be a "free spirit". Grams didn't by it but let her do it anyway. Savannah's father was in the army and her mother... well she was dead. She died a few years ago from cancer. It was hard for Savannah but she got through it with her best friends.  

"It's not like you need to be looking for a boyfriend. You already have one." Parker Kim said to Savannah. She was right; Savannah didn't need to be looking for a boyfriend. She was already dating someone great. She was dating Trey Roads; Hayley's twin brother. It had only been a few months but Savannah was having the time of her life.  

Hayley shot Savannah a look. Hayley didn't approve of Savannah dating her brother but Savannah didn't care all that much. She liked Trey and Hayley was her best friend, two separate worlds. Savannah shook off the stare. Parker caught the stare and knew she stepped in it.  

Parker Kim was sitting across from Hayley and on the other side of Faye. Parker and Faye had been best friends the longest out of all of them. They had been friends since they played in the "sandbox" according to their parents. Parker's dad was the town sheriff and Parker's mom stayed at home or went to day parties with her friends. Parker was really skinny from playing tennis nonstop. She had been playing tennis since her father gave her a racket. At first it felt like something fun to do, but then she learned just how much her father wanted her to be playing, so she grew to love it. Now she will be starting on the Charm Harbor High tennis team in a few weeks and she was really nervous. They were some of the best players in the state of Washington. Parker had dark brown hair and was as smart as she was athletic.