Unveiled

Click. Click. Click. Click.

The echoing sound of black leather shoes tapping on the floor filled the dimly lit hallway, alongside the light breathing and low-humming lights. It was serene, at least to one person. He would continue his tread down the hall, eventually stopping at a locked door, the sign above it said "OFFICE". The man smirked and pulled a green key card from his lab coat, gliding it across the unlocking mechanism which would then open the door.

The office itself wasn't too fascinating, a desk in the far right corner of the room with a 5-moniter set up, all of which glowed a faint blue color, a nice comfortable yet sleek seat placed in front of said desk. The other side of the room had three seats of the same kind he had. Once he took a step inside, the lights flickered and suddenly came to life, lighting up the whole room which was now a pure white color rather than the dull grey it once was.

The man walked to his desk and sat down on the seat, looking at one of the monitors before leaning back, a content look on his face. "Isabelle, status." He spoke, his voice echoed very faintly, there was no response from this 'Isabelle'. This got him a bit worried, he pulled himself closer to his desk and began typing on the holo-keyboard in front of him, a very faint sound could be heard each time he clicked a key. "Isabelle. Status." He said again in a more stern, serious voice.

"I'm sorry, mister." A young voice echoed, he stopped then and leaned back once more. "What were you doing?" He questioned, the voice seemed to lag slightly. "..I was inactive, I apologize, mister." He sighed then looked at the monitor again. "Have you been keeping track of them?"

"Yes Mister. They all...They all seem to be in a state of confusion, but, at the same time, mister. They're accepting the changes, as if it were becoming a natural thing." He smiled then nodded. "Good job. This is great, actually. I wonder how they'll react to..." He stopped to fix a few errors that showed up on the monitor. "...The next few changes."

"What are your plans for them, mister?"

"Alterations. They seem to have adjusted well to the nothingness we set them in, we'll see how they adjust well to being lost." He said, still tapping away on the holo-keyboard. "And what of Missus?" He stopped for a moment then shook his head. "We'll continue with the alterations. It's nearly time for Step Two."

He leaned back again and sighed, his name tag gently hung from his lab coat, it read "JOHNATHAN CROWE" with his profile on the left side of it. On the largest of the 5 monitors it had a name on it, a title, a code.

"PROJECT: ISOLATION, I2-10N"