Passenger

"G-Get...Get off of me!!" I yelled, struggling for my very safety. The man had me pinned and was trying to bash away at my face, I was using my forearms to block the attacks, but I was in no condition to retaliate. "Get off him!" A feminine voice sounded in my ears, Ann. Right. As soon as the attacker's attention was brought to the woman, I took this opportunity to get in a hit, bashing his mouth with my elbow then pushing him off using my legs, kicking his stomach after he'd landed hard against a table. All I could hear from the man was a short breath then groan, I stood up straight, trying to catch my breath when I looked over to the girl.

She was wide-eyed, like I just did something wrong. I simply shrugged a bit. "I-It was self defense." I said, to which she just shook her head. "Come on, let's try and get out of here before he gets up again." She said, taking my hand and pulling me along with her.

"Come...Back!!" A voice shrieked out as the two of us ran down the long, empty halls of this mall. It was around now that I was regretting coming here, the only plus side to this situation is that I've confirmed I'm not entirely alone, and that the person I have found, is surprisingly nice. I almost stumbled on my footing, but quickly regained my balance, keeping up with Ann the best I could.

We took a turn right and an exit was in sight. It wasn't the same way I came when I entered, but as long as it gets us away from that person, I don't mind it at all. I turned my head to look at Ann who seemed visibly disappointed in either herself, or me. I didn't have time to linger on that situation for very long as we were approaching the mall doors, opening them and getting outside.

The evening sun was just about to set when we set foot outside, I looked at my wrist watch and the time read "8:34". Wow, I really must've been stalling in there, huh?

"How are we going to get away?" I asked, looking at Ann who was scanning the streets. She then looked a bit surprised and pointed to a large van parked on the side of the street. "There!" She said and began for it. "W-Wait, we're just gonna take that?!" I asked her to which she only just looked back at me for a brief moment before turning back. We got to the van and opened the doors, to my surprise, they actually opened. "Get in." She said, pointing to the passenger seat. I didn't really want to question her, so I just did as she told me.

She got in the drivers seat and looked around, eventually finding keys to the vehicle. "W-Wh-Wh-What?! We're actually taking this? I thought we were just gonna hide here!" I exclaimed, a bit surprised at her sudden actions, she darted her head at me and looked at me with annoyance. And with a turn of her hands, the van came to life, the sound of the engine suddenly roaring was actually nice to hear again. "Alright, I'll take you with me." She said, as if deciding on it right then.

She seemed to know how to drive, so all I did was sit back and let out a sigh, looking out the window and at the passing houses, streets and cars. No words were said the entire drive there, all I did was just gaze out the window, occasionally looking at the woman beside me, who seemed to have taken charge of the situation.

Suddenly then, we slowed down, coming to a close at a rather nice looking house. She closed her eyes then exhaled. "We're here." She said, turning the van off, taking the keys with her and stepping out. I got out too then suddenly heard another voice. "Hey look! Ann's back!" Someone exclaimed. This made my heart feel heavy, I slowly emerged from the other side, looking over to those who seemed to have just taken notice of me. "And she found someone else! Score!" Another person said behind the man.

It was actual people. I couldn't help but stare at them wide eyed for a very long time.

"Well? What're ya' waitin' for? Come in, there's more than enough room for ya'."