5

Hayley's POV
I woke to a nightmare..., it reminded me of my mother so I just stayed up the rest of the night crying my eyes out hoping no one would hear me...
Thomas's POV
Bailey started crying so I paused GTA and went to check on her, but dad got up too. "I've got this" he said in a nice tone, I still didn't trust him so I just hid and watched him, I don't think I can ever trust him again... I ran to my room when he finally went back to the living room but I heard sniffs coming from Hayley's room... "Hayley??" I say opening her door, she was curled up into a ball in her bed sobbing. "W-what?" She mutters, "Why are you crying?" I asked as I sit on her bed, "B-bad dream that reminded me of mom..." she says, "Hayley I know it's hard I'm still struggling too... but just know that a lot of people love you and moms gonna be watching you and she's gonna be proud". She got up and hugged me tight, I rubbed her back, "It's gonna be ok", "Kids I'm off to work" Ethan yells, I sat with Hayley and sang her to sleep.
(Days later, Hayley's POV)
Dad lost his job and he's being violent again..., he told us if we tell anyone that he will personally torture and kill us. While he was on the phone with his "girlfriend" I snuck off because I just couldn't take him screaming at her. I went past Jakes house and they were welcoming 2 new members to Team 10 a tall girl with brown hair and glasses and a short girl with brown/black hair. I just went back home since Jake was busy. "Thomas??", no answer, "Th..." I say while opening his door. He was hanging from the closet... he committed suicide..., I see a note in his jacket pocket
Dear Hayley,
Dad's already killed Emma... I was next..., run away while you have the chance too..., under my bed is a backpack full of supplies, in my safe there is 4,000 dollars..., I was saving up for a car... the code to the safe is 30-23-67, don't cry for me... I didn't deserve to be on this world anyway..., tell Anna and Grayson I love them so much... and I love you Hayley...
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!?!?!" Ethan screamed. "I-i was just looking for something a-and I-i found Thomas dead...", "GIVE ME THAT" he says and yanks the note out of my hands, I quickly backed up to the corner. "You're not planning to run away... are you...?" He says, I just don't answer... I was too afraid..., he grabbed me and locked me in the bathroom... I remembered that I had my phone so I called the cops then I texted Anna.
Me: ANNA I NEED YOU... WHEN YOU GET HERE YOU'LL SEE WHY!
Anna: Ok try to keep calm..., me and Gray are coming.