“You can do this, Love.”  I hear Cane enter my head.  Those five words made me straighten my stance, my head holding high as I heard the evident rustling of leaves and cracking of twigs in the distance off to my left.  I turned toward the sound.

     Sahara made an appearance first; closely followed with Gage wielding a blade in his free hand.  It’s not so true when they say that it pays to plan ahead.  Eyeing the man I once thought I would have been happy with; the same who incidentally broke my heart; the one that also collaborated to see me and my match dead, I couldn’t help but notice the proof that he was strictly a puppet in his mother’s scheming.  He stood there, anxiety seething through, an aura of ill preparedness surrounding him – he was nervous.  I couldn’t help the sly smirk that made its way onto my lips. 

     I’ve got this.

     “Bring them forward.”  I told Cane through our link.  As if entirely possible, within the next few minutes, the air grew colder.

     “Father.”  Gage looked at Angus who held his mother’s bound arms behind her back.  He remained silent refusing to acknowledge his own kin – his blood.

     “I thought I told you to kill her.”  Lana snickered at her son, regarding Sahara.  “You’re useless!”  She declared exasperatedly.  Gage flushed crimson with anger; he clearly didn’t appreciate being spoken to in such a demeaning fashion.  The next few minutes were taken hostage by mother and son exchanging words of fault and accusation; thus dragging on this whole exchange of sorts.  I know I said there was no way I intended on letting any of them go but trust me when I say I meant those words at the time – and I stand by them even now.

     “I did everything for you, you ungrateful spawn!”  She hollered over the wind that had begun to howl around us.  “You couldn’t do anything right.  If it weren’t for me, Matt would have been rid of you after you first approached him.  It’s a good thing I knew how his head worked.  When I opened for him, he was more than willing to comply.”  She chuckled at her revelation.  I turned to face her and noticed Angus on the verge of an explosion of monstrous proportions.  He was shaking with rage at her words and I couldn’t blame him.  If I were to know my match was with someone else after being matched, I think I would put in every effort to rip him limb from limb despite the separation.  After all, it wasn’t for lack of love for his match that led to their demise – well, not on his part anyway because I refuse to believe that this woman was ever capable of loving anyone but herself and her lust for dominance.

     “Enough!!”  My voice bellowed above all others; words freezing mid-pronunciation with my single-worded command.  “This is how it’s going to be.”  I continued; my words stern.  I noticed everyone had whimpered but Gage who had only slightly flinched.  William had done a bit of research before our departure and there seems to be a concoction out there that rendered people slightly immune to the Royal power of command – this explained a lot and to be frank, I’m not entirely surprised that Gage had taken measures to protect himself in that way.  It didn’t bar him from falling victim to my other abilities however.

     I let Angus and Cane escort Elizabeth and Lana towards Gage as he released Sahara, allowing her to make a run for my arms.  Just as his match ran into his arms, his mother huffing as a retort to their ridiculous displays of affection, the rustling through the thicket of trees and bushes was heard and William’s men worked in perfect synch at surrounding the three of them.  With nowhere to go, Gage looked at me in a panic and I couldn’t help the smug grin that took over my face.  This moment was by far one of the most satisfying ones of my entire reign thus far.  I know, it’s not saying much since I’ve been a Royal for like five minutes at this point but being able to actively participate in justice being served and not simply doing the sentencing was exhilarating.  The feel of being judge, jury and executioner held its own appeal at the moment and I revelled in it; especially with the lack of bloodshed from my very own hands this time around.  I shivered at the memory of the last time I stood on this land.