Chapter 29

© ItalRT4u, 2012

     I was right about Angus withholding information from me.  I felt like some sort of show piece as he paraded me down to the main entrance through the historic looking home until we had reached the den’s door.  It was shut.

     “One last thing before the evening truly begins.”  He said as he knocked on the door lightly, moving behind me slightly so I could walk ahead of him once the door opened.  When it did, there stood William with the broadest smile I had ever seen him sport; pride shinning in his eyes.

     “You look absolutely radiant!”  He further opened the door to reveal a small crowd of people, knocking the wind out of me in the process. 

     What are they all doing here?

     Before me stood the entire Nottingham family and their ladies; Cane wasn’t in the room based on the quick inventory I took in of those standing before me.

     “He’ll be here in a few, Sweetie.”  William whispered into my ear, reading my thoughts.  My empathic senses were going into overdrive with feelings of excitement, jubilation, and pride.  Once over the shock of the moment, I stepped forward in my whitish pearl floor-length gown.  I was floored when I had seen it lying on my bed, waiting for me earlier; fitting me flawlessly with its one strap that gathered over one shoulder, leaving the other bare, hugging my upper torso and smoothly following every curve of my waist; it floated down to the floor where the material followed my every movement gracefully.  Every eye in the room seemed to be awestruck; adoring smiles played at each and every face.

     “You’re glowing!”  Sandy said softly as she hugged me.  I made my rounds quickly, finishing with Carly; her, I held on to especially longer.

     “What are you guys doing here?”  I finally asked as I backed away to look at all of them, William took his spot by his wife’s side.  I couldn’t be happier but I was still slightly confused.  “It’s not like we’re getting married.”  In truth, it wasn’t.  Don’t get me wrong, this ceremony was definitely something that we both wanted; at least Cane made me believe as much.

     I heard the door to the den open, people outside the room talking animatedly amongst themselves, followed by silence once again when the door shut.  I turned to whoever had entered the room.  Standing there in a suit, I watched as Cane’s breath stuck and an open hand clutched at his chest.  His jaw dropped slightly, his gaze held mine, and he stood there seemingly frozen to the spot he paused on.  I chuckled and chose to go to him.  The closer I got to him, the more I wanted to quicken my step but maintained my composure seeing as I enjoyed taking him all in as I approached.

     “Wow!”  He whispered breathlessly, letting his forehead fall lightly to mine once I stood toe-to-toe with him, his eyes closing momentarily; I smelt the arousal and pride off of him.  My core ached for him to hold me and never let me go.

     “My sentiments exactly.”  I smiled as I nuzzled his nose lightly with mine.

     Again, a moment shared between he and I and everyone had faded away as we entrapped ourselves into each other’s gaze.  A light knock on the den’s door came and snapped Cane and I out of our trance.  Moving to the side so that the person on the other side was able to enter; it was Angus.

     “Ready?”  He eyed us, a glint alight in his eyes.  Cane nodded silently as he looked at me still awestruck.

     “Yeah.”  I followed his answer; my voice cracking, not from nerves, more from the arousal building within me.  I found myself hoping that this evening would simply fly by because my succubus wanted out to play with her Mr. Sexy.  There’s just something about a man in a suit; I can’t quite put my finger on it.