Chapter 1 The Light

~Astrid~

Hello my name is Astrid Melody Hofferson and I live here in Japan, I am an 11 grade high school student , I live with my mother, my brother and my grandfather. If your wondering where my father is well he's gone, he left us when I was 4 years old and I haven't seen him since. Me and my family are shrine keepers so we sell good luck charms. Today I am wearing red blouse, my fur hoody, my spiky skirt and long blue jeans. I had my hair in a side braid with a few more braids and my brown head band. Today I am with my grandpa talking about history well he is I just sit and try not to listen.

"Hey gramps, you do know it's my 18th birthday tomorrow"I said getting excited.

"I prefer to wait another day."

"Oh come on gramps let me see my present"I said trying to get my present.

"Okay"he said sketchy.

Gramps put his hands behind his back and took them out with a chicken wing. A real chicken wing what the, that's the worst gift ever.

"ASTRID!!!"shouted my mum from the kitchen.

"COMING!!!"I shouted back.

I got up from the ground and walked to the kitchen where my mother is cooking us breakfast as always.

"What's wrong mum"I asked while looking at the breakfast.

"Shinko has to feed the cat but he hasn't come back, can you go look for him plz."

"Ugh fine, fine, fine"I said annoyed.

As I left the kitchen I heard someone shout kitty, kitty. Shinko. He always does this I don't know why. Shinko made his way to the ancient well room, yes we have an ancient well room get over it. I walked over to the room where we are not allowed in it's forbidden. As I swung the door open I saw Shinko shaking like there was no tomorrow.

"Come on Shinko we got to get out of here, why are you even in here, Menchi isn't even in here"I asked with a look of disappointment.

"Sis the cat is in here I swear."

"Fine but you come up here where I am right now."

"Okay mum"Shinko said while snickering.

I rolled my eyes as he came up the stairs and handed me the bowl of cat food. I went down the stairs to the well we are in big trouble. Shinko started freaking out as scratches were made, he is such a baby. I continued to find that Menchi, as I reached the well I heard weird noises, they kept coming closer until it became a roar.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"Shinko and I screamed.

Shinko and I screamed but literally it was a cat and it is MENCHI. I picked Menchi up in one hand I was about to climb the stairs but Shinko started freaking out again. He was mumbling words all I could get out was 'look out' what the. As I was about to talk something grabbed me from behind, I looked behind me and it was a monster from the well.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH SHINKO GO GET GRAMPS"I shouted at Shinko.

"Okay"he said still shaken up.

Shinko left the room before the monster pulled me into the well, I was screaming so loud that my lungs started to hurt. Once the monster pulled me into the well I saw a bright light actually it was a dragons fire colour I looked around me and I saw the monster. The monster grabbed my hand and tried to rip it off for some reason.

"NO GET AWAY FROM ME"I shouted at the monster grabbing my arm.

I screamed at the monster and placed my free hand on her hand and screamed again, this time I saw the same colour of the light I saw and it came out of my hand. The monsters body was destroyed and I was left floating but the hand that gripped my hand was still there.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH"I screamed as I pulled the hand of and thrown the hand away.

I suddenly found myself in the well again wait, what just happened.

I must of hit my hand and it was a dream......... ok no not a dream. "Shinko get mum or gramps... Shinko ugh he must of ran away but he said okay last time." I decided to climb the well and it took fricken hours. It was begging to turn dark once I got outside the well and I didn't see my house or any buildings, I was confused. Where am I.