~20 Victor X Yuri - When Opposites Attract *Pt 2*

Abruptly, Yuri woke. His eyes jolting open. The bright suns rays were glaring down at him, like needles piercing his eyeballs causing him to close his eyes and try again. This time he opened his eyes slower and the harshness of the light wasn't as painful. "Ugh. I can't feel anything." He moaned, speaking to no one in particular- not that he knew anyone was around.

It surprised him when someone answered.

"Try not to move, you've lost enough blood as it is."

Slowly moving his heavy throbbing head to the left, Yuri saw a platinum haired young man with a huge smile on his face, sitting on the ground beside him.

"Ugh who are you ag-gaaahhh!!" Yuri's face crumpled and he hissed in pain as he tried to move his leg. His normal reaction would be run around screaming- but then he remembered what the man had just said to him about keeping still. So through gritted teeth, Yuri was able to bear the pain.

There was a ten centimetre slice right into the centre of his left calf, small droplets of scarlet blood were dripping down from the torn skin. Just by looking at it- you could see fragments of rock which had been lodged in there.

"Ah shit. Wait a moment." Without hesitation, the stranger gripped the right sleeve on his shirt and ripped a piece off. He carefully lifted Yuri's leg up then tightly wound the piece of shirt around it- using it as a rope to stop the bleeding. "It's the best I can do for now. Sorry."

Still not sure what was happening, Yuri simply nodded- a perplexed expression finally settling on his dirt ridden face.

Who was this guy? Why was he helping Yuri? Where was he?!
Those were just a few of the almost never ending amount of questions filling Yuri's mind.

And then it clicked. He remembered the last image he saw a couple hours back before blacking out. Those blue mesmerising eyes. The mysterious pools of freezing ice.

The same pair which were staring right him.

"Y-you saved me." Yuri choked out, shifting slightly on the grass to face the man beside him. "Your eyes are...beautiful. I-- thank you for helping me." He didn't know what to say. Now that he was completely conscious- he had an amazing view of the blue eyed man in front of him.

His face was slowly turning a light pink from the sudden compliments Yuri was giving him.
Pushing his hair back, running the strands through his fingers, he laughed. "I'm Victor--incase you were wondering." He extended his hand which Yuri shook.

"Yuri."

"Well Yuri, I'll bring my horse round and help you up. One second." Victor said standing up then disappearing into a bush within some trees.

Why was he helping this man? He was just a peasant. Like all the millions in this country. Many of which who were dying at this moment. So why help this young man? Out of pity?
No. It was because Victor couldn't just leave him....but also because there was something else he felt when he looked at Yuri. It was urging him on to help him. So he did.

While Victor was gone, Yuri took some time to look at his surroundings.
He was sat in a small grassy and circular clearing in the trees, with the sun shining brightly through the canopy of leaves above him. If he closed his eyes, he could hear a water source nearby as well as the wildlife thriving in the open.