2

"So, you just want to get away from Homeworld?"

Steven, as I learned he is called, sits down beside me. My arm tingles as he lightly touches me in an attempt to comfort my nervousness. The pearl steps forward defensively, but the tall one stops her.

"They wanted to also. And they did! They just came back to get my dad and I."

The human with the long hair crouches by Steven, resting a hand on his shoulder. He smiles awkwardly, just as nervous as I am. I don't blame him, he's stuck with this group.

"I served an amazing diamond..."

I can't help but to speak more at the sight of this human's nervousness. He must understand I do not wish to harm him.

"My diamond, Pink Diamond, was shattered by Rose Quartz. You three already know this. The humans may not understand."

Steven cocks a brow at my words, looking from the amethyst to me.

"She was only looking out for the humans. She only wanted to save them. She cared for everyone, but Rose Quartz couldn't care less. She attacked her. My diamond sent me to Blue Diamond's court to relay a message from her sapphire. When I returned-"

"Rose was nothing like that! Clearly, you have never known her. She was beautiful, graceful, caring, she would never do it if she didn't have a reaso-!"

The tall one covers the pearls mouth. She turns her around and takes her to the other end of the ship, speaking in a low voice. The pearl, is she... crying?

"Dad, can you stay over here? Don't make it harder on yourself."

Dad? Is that this human's name?

"Listen, (G/N), Pearl doesn't take insults towards my mom too well. She has her reasons, and I have mine. Can we maybe, I don't know, not talk about her?"

His mom? He's a human, isn't he? I look him over and see a bump in the fabric of the loincloth over his stomach. No. He couldn't be. I slowly reach my hand out and slide down the fabric just an inch.

"You."

Steven backs up a bit as I stand. He gulps air and stands to run. He almost makes it to the tall one before I grab him by the collar of his vest.

"I won't let you get away this time!"

"Steven!"

Dad grabs my arm and pulls me backward, sending Steven to the ground. I turn and summon my weapon, ready to attack. He flinched before standing tall, ready to fight back. Suddenly, I'm picked up by the tall one. She throws me into the air and let's me fall to the floor. My gem shakes a bit.

"Greg, take care of Steven!"

"Garnet!"

The pearl and the amethyst shout in unison, running to her aid. I sit up, holding my head as the amethyst wraps me in her whip and the pearl puts her spear to my throat. I sign and roll backwards, kicking her weapon away and throwing the smaller gem off balance.

"Stop!"

Steven runs over as Garnet readies a punch, a large gauntlet forming around her hand. She doesn't stop. She punches me in the side, my form trying to poof. I won't let her do this. I summon dual weapons and fuse them, forming a larger, more lethal one.

The pearl tries standing, the amethyst helping her to her feet. Steven stands before me, his arm before him. A shield appears and I hit it with all my might. He flies into the other two gems. Garnet steps forward and I attack, though she grabs my weapon. She fights me for it before I split it and defeat her. She splits into two gems.

"A fusion!?"

The gems before me are a ruby soldier and Blue Diamond's sapphire.

"Is this where you have been? I cannot believe you, you traitor-"

The last thing I see is Dad Greg awkwardly staring down at me as a slender foot steps over me. Then, I poof.