courage

I was strolling in the mall with my friend Sasha and we started heading towards the famous cafe to meet with our other friend Mika. As I went in I didn't notice a pair of lingering eyes on me that was following my every movement but one of my friends did.

I yawn as I exit the store and look down placing my receipt inside the bag, but as my eyes slowly trail up from the ground my eyes make contact with a unique familiar jacket that the only person who had that exact jacket was y/n in high school.  

 Half of the school had a crush on her, but no matter how much courage I gathered to talk to her something or someone always got in the way be it teachers or her friends it was like the earth did not me talking her.

"I know what you are thinking why are you stalking her? I'M NOT. No, I wasn't at first but after seeing her leaving the checkout of the shoe store with her best friend Sasha."

After some time I see her come out of the cafe with her friends and go to a clothing store. I started debating on whether should I talk to her or just stare at her like a creep.

I picked the first option, when I started heading her way I was giving myself a pep talk. I was starting to get close with each step getting more and more confident but it seemed the world just couldn't give me a break even AFTER graduating high school.

I knew it was too good to be true because as soon as I got close Sasha saw me and started pointing at me which of course got y/n attention seeing her friend point at me saying "That's the guy I saw following us since we left the shoe place"

Out of shyness, I started to slowly turn to hide behind the big plant a few feet away but then I saw y/n turn with a thinking look on her face as she was trying to see where she had seen me before.

It's now or never so as I pondered to myself, I took deep breaths before walking up to them again and starting to speak "I...-I am sorry if it came across like I am a creep...." I took a deep shaky breath that showed I was nervous to be in their presence before continuing " It is just I remember y/n from high school and I was trying to build up the courage to come talk to y/n but every time I did something or someone got in between that"

It was after Sasha and Mika didn't see me as a threat did they walked off to sit close by watching my every move still not trusting me.

Y/n turned her full body to face me before gasping then going on to say "I know where I remember you from! math class you sat behind me and I remember that because you got called out for not paying attention to the lesson while everyone laughed I thought your ears turning red was very cute" She said confidently while boldly calling me out making me try so hard not to touch my ears that was starting turn red from her memory.

(Please tell me you know what movie I am talking about I'll give you a hint he had asthma)

"y....you yep! That was me the name is Jonathan" I said nervously starting to feel sweat form on my forehead.

"Jonathan! That was your name, I knew it was you! it's nice to see you again after high school" She smiled softly at me making my heart flutter again just from a simple action. 

"A...-anyway I was wondering if you woul-.... I started to say only to be cut off by Sasha

"Y/n! Come on your mom just texted saying she is parked outside and she made your favorite meal" Sasha shouted from a couple of feet away from us.

"Coming! Sorry Jonathan I have to go, my mother is waiting for me" she said to me before waving turning around heading turns her friends.

Jonathan thoughts
Dang....I didn't get to ask her for her phone number or ask her out at all.....why don't I just follow her home and bump into her making her think I live somewhere near her?

NO! That's weird Jonathan" I said shaking my head in pity

735 words