Far off

" I was told you're the guy to see," the random woman said tilting her head and looking at him through her lashes.

"For?" He whispered darting his eyes downward.

"Murder" The woman grinned at him noticing him grip the railing tightly turning his knuckles white.

He stared at the barrel of the gun, she knew was empty but he didn't. He knew he should have been afraid but, in honesty the only emotion that coursed through his veins was confusion.

She didn't know what to do but she knew that he was the only way for it to stop because grave after grave it was starting to become a problem. The woman strikes him with the back of her gun.

Jonathan's pov

As I slowly opened my eyes all I saw were small black dots reappearing and disappearing along with blurry lines of lights above my head.

Thus making me close my eyes I was exposed to the blinding new lights that came into contact with my eyes. I tried again to open my eyes this time finally finding the strength to stare back at the lights. The more I began to slowly look around the more I realized I didn't know where I was.

As I went to lift my hand to rub my eyes, I noticed I couldn't. I lean my head downwards noticing tight ropes around my legs and arms restricting me from movement.

As I attempted to free myself a voice from the side stopped me.

"You might as well leave it alone You not going anywhere," the voice said which I started to come into tune with was a female voice.

I dart to the sound of the voice to make eye contact with a beat-up girl who had a thin tight rope bound wrapped around her like me. It didn't take much light for me to see part of her bruised face.

"I already tried" I heard her voice cracking from what I assume was thirst. "don't say anything when they come they mean Business." and as soon as she said that we both heard footsteps heading towards us.

"Your choices are slim so I hope that's going to help you take the risk to get out of here. It is life or death so you need to be ready to try again."I said tilting my head to my right in her direction before letting silence fill the room again just in time before hearing keys at the door.

We hear the door open taunting slowly and the floor begins creaking after one foot is being put down after the other until a shadow of an unknown person stands in the doorway.

The unknown person begins to speak"It is your choice if you want to continue the thing you call life. Which to be frank is valueless or you could become someone important to the world choose wisely" The shadow steps back closing the door and we hear the sound of the door being locked again.

The sound of a chair scraping the floor coming from in front of me broke me from my thoughts. As I look over I see the girl's head inside her shirt trying to receive something.

As if she felt me staring at her because she then said something that sounded muffled without looking up from inside her shirt "Don't just sit there, try to slide over here and help me get this in my hands" She moved her head outside her shirt with an object hanging half out her mouth.

I listen to her sliding my chair over as slowly and quietly as I can without alerting anyone outside the room. When I was close enough she leaned over to place something on my lap and just before I could say something. The sound of her turning her chair filled my ears.

She turned her back towards me scooting backwards until she was close to me. This makes me confused as if she can read my mind she utters "Try to lean forward as close as you can to my hands so I can try to grab it." This made me look down to see a very small knife on my lap making a small confused noise.

"Where did this come from?" I asked
"The zipper inside my bra I decided to keep a spare when I can't get something open and don't feel like moving" she replied casually like we were talking about the weather.

Reminding myself where we are I start trying to scoot my chair forward trying to give her the knife.

This took us many tries because we were both shaking scared of getting caught. Thus the moment the knife is in her hands she immediately starts to get to work.

It didn't take her long to escape the ropes seeing as they were not that thick. When her hands are freed she is quick to start freeing her feet.

she stands up when she is done and she is fast getting to me. As I stand up we both quietly try to listen to any noises coming outside the room beginning to creep towards the door carefully.

She looks at me pointing to one side of the door telling me to get on that side while she gets on the other side. Both of us place our heads closely against the wall to see if there is anything outside the door.

After I assumed minutes had passed she looked at me and whispered "I'm going to look outside the door and see if anyone is outside the door then I'll give you the sign" I then nodded giving her the go to do so.

Without turning her head she gives me a thumbs up giving me the green light. Slowly and quietly I turn the door knob opening the door wider looking out the door to see that we are stuck between two hallways.

Turning to her to see what she has to say only to see her slowly creeping towards the end of the left hallway corner to peek behind it without getting caught.

Deciding that it was clear she gave me the thumbs up whispering to hurry up. I quickly close the door behind me quietly and tiptoe towards her way peeking as well to see two different sets of stairs, one going up and the other going down with doors on each end. In complete darkness surrounding us besides the lights next to the steps leading to the doors and the light above going in and out.

As our eyes met I said "It hasn't even started and I am all ready to give up" As she started to nod it was that moment my heart started to speed up. Seeing something coming behind her head coming into light and as she is nodding I quickly start to note a hand with a foreign object in its hand.

The object was quick to slam on her head hitting her before I could start opening my mouth to warn her. Not feeling anyone's presence behind me but felt something hit the top of my head feeling darkness fill my vision before blacking out.

Once again...

1184 words