eight

songs to listen to while reading this chapter: heebiejeebies by aminé

it's been a week since julie found greg with the other girl.

she's been collecting her things from the apartment slowly. the first time they went greg didn't know. the second time and after that she told greg she was collecting her things.

mat went with her each time of course to protect her incase greg would do anything to make her feel bad or not let her leave.

she's been getting texts from greg all the time still saying that he loves her and misses her.

julie is still hurt, bad, but more annoyed from the texts.

just block his number, she thinks, but a part of her still likes to see the messages to know that he knows he fucked up and misses her.

she hates him. the first week she was just weeping over the fact that he's gone and her friends always told her to find a reason to hate him, but she couldn't.

now she has reasons: he cheated on her multiple times, he doesn't like her friends, he was sometimes mean to her, etc.

of course she still misses him, but she's learning to move on. it's hard, but she will get thru it.

that one empty room mat had is now starting to get full with all her things. and they're almost done with getting all her things from the apartment.

✧✧✧

julie was sitting at the couch watching tv when mat came downstairs and said, "hey, we need to get u like a bed or some shit to sleep on cos we gotta get u one eventually and i'm tired of sleeping on the fucking couch."

"alright, where we going?" julie asked

"ikea, duh." bear said as he picked up his keys and dangled them in front of her.

they arrived at ikea and the first thing bear did when he saw pillows was hit julie with one. it messed up her hair and she had a smirk on her face as she grabbed another pillow and hit bear with it.

u could hear their sneakers squeak on the floor as they played around and julie knocked off mat's brown fedora hat and black round sunglasses, but stopped when they saw an employee as they got banned from a different ikea a while ago.

mat put his arm around julie as they walked around and as soon as he did that julie felt this warmth inside her and it gave her goosebumps.

"look, beds!" mat said taking his arm off julie and running over to plop down on a bed.

"i think i need a new bed too. ya know i've been fucking so many bitches that my bed is starting to break." he told julie, jokingly.

"ha ha very funny." she said as she sat on the edge of the bed.

mat stared at her as she sat there feeling around the bed and he wanted to just wrap his arms around her and hold her forever.

"c'mon i think i see one i like. bear? bear?!" she said snapping him out of it.

"oh uh yeah." he said as getting up.

julie picked out a bed and they set a delivery date for it and went back home.

in the car, mat told julie to pick a song from his phone so they can listen to music. she skimmed thru his music and saw something called "double demo" with a pic of her as the cover.

she raised an eyebrow and asked "what's this?" as she clicked it. mat didn't recognize it at first but when his vocals started, he yelled "no! not that one!" then snatched his phone out her hands and clicked a random song.

"o..kay then." she said and just sat staring out the window.

as they pulled into the driveway they saw someone standing at the front door with flowers in their hand.

"oh god." julie's eyes got wide as she realized it was greg at the door. bear grabbed her hand as they walked up toward him.

"julie! i'm so so sorry. please come back to me please i need you." greg pleaded.

it hurt julie so bad she wanted to jump into his arms and be with him forever. "i can't, i've moved on greg and you should too." she then help up mat and hers hands to show him that they were holding them.

"wait? you guys are.. together?"

mats eyes were wide and he panicked looking back and forth at julie and greg.

"yes we are." julie announced.

mat just went with it.

"oh." greg said and dropped the flowers on the floor and walked back to his car.

greg looked back at them and mat did something he's always wanted to do. he pulled julies head his direction and kissed her.

-
sorry i haven't updated in a while i'm trying to do regular daily updates now