Chapter 38: We Have All Morning

Start from the beginning

"How did Hunter take it?" Skylar asked as she she blew up balloons.

"Oh Sky, I felt so bad. He looked so disappointed."

I really did feel bad for lying to Hunter. Although, I was starting my short story, Tyler and I made a plan to get Hunter out of the house so that I could set up the apartment for a surprise party, so I had to lie so he would leave.

"Somebody's whipped." Ivy smiled from the corner.

Skylar nodded in agreement.

"No way. We've only been together for like a month and a bit." I was decorating a cake for Hunter. A black motorcycle.

"And who says you can't be in love after a month?" Sky pointed.

"Mhmmm..." Ivy commented.

"Come on guys, this is me we're talking about. I don't fall in love that easily. Hell, I haven't even been in a proper relationship since Theo. And that was like 3 years ago. Plus I've never told I guy I loved him."

"Never?" Ivy gasped and I nodded, "Never."

"How is he by the way?" Sky asked.

"Theo?" Sky nodded, "Good. He's coming tonight. I had to steal his number off Hunter's phone." We all laughed at the fast blooming bromance between the two of them.

"Speak of the devil." I laughed holding up my phone, "Hey babe."

"Awww..." Sky and Ivy cooed at the same time and I made hand movements to tell them to shut up. If he heard I wasn't alone he might suspect something.

"Hey. What was that noise?"

"The neighbors. They won't shut up."

"Must I come over and talk to them for you?" The way he said it meant that it wouldn't just be a friendly conversation.

I laughed, "No Hunter. So why'd you call?"

"What? I can't call my beautiful girlfriend just to check in and see if she's fine?"

I blushed and Skylar and Ivy eyed me curiously, "You think I'm beautiful?"

The line was silent for a moment, "You're so much more than beautiful."

I sighed and didn't bother trying to hide the fact that I was blushing this time which just got me more curious looks from Sky and Ivy.

We were silent for a few seconds before Hunter spoke again, "I was wondering if you were still busy?"

"I see... So there is a reason that you called me."

"Mhmm but I just forgot it when I heard your voice."

"You're on a roll tonight. Smooth, Mr Maddox. Very smooth." I shook my head and smiled to myself.

"Smoother than those legs you shaved for tonight?"

"Hunter!"

"What?" He sounded defensive but I knew he was laughing. "So? You busy?"

"I just got a wave of inspiration that I don't think is gonna pass anytime soon."