Chapter 10: I Installed A Tracker On Your Phone

"Where you going, sweetheart?" Hunter asked as I tried to slip out the front door unnoticed.

"Out with Sky." I said in a duh tone.

"With a guitar?" He laughed walking up to me, "You've been leaving every week at the same time, dressed up nicely and I've never asked till now."

I smirked at him, "You think I look nice?"

"You're avoiding my question," He came closer to me, "I could just message Sky and ask her?"

"You have Sky's number?"

"Jealous?" He leaned his arm against the wall.

"It's just that you're not roommates and I don't even have your number." I tried to cover my slight jealousy.

He held his hand out. "Pass. I'll put it in for you."

I handed Hunter my phone, "Still haven't changed your password?" He smirked.

I ignored him, "Don't save your name as anything stupid. And pass me your phone too," he obeyed, "No password?"

"Nothing to hide, sweetheart."

I decided to save my name as Sweetheart ❤️ on Hunter's phone. He took it back and laughed, typing something in then showed me his phone: Sweetheart 🙄💩

"Thanks Hunt. Real nice." And I looked down to see what Hunter saved his name as: Hunt 👉🏻👌🏻

"Hunter." I groaned and changed it, showing him his new name: Hunt 🤓

"No. Pass here." And he took my phone back. I played with my skirt as Hunter thought about what he'd type. Eventually he made up his mind and he smiled at me when he handed it back: Hunt 🤗❤️

I smiled when I saw it and pretended to change it but I kept it as it was.

"Just letting you know sweetheart, I don't have Sky's number." He winked.

I sighed and then left, tipping my hat at him, "Bye, Hunt."

-

The bar seemed busier tonight than usual. It made my nerves worse and I felt uncomfortable in my boots and skirt. The hat also made me feel a bit silly.

"Hi Em!" Dave greeted me, "You wanna put your name on the list this time?" He joked his thick southern accent coming through.

I took a deep breath and walked up to the sign up sheet, "I'm doing it tonight Dave! I can't keeping dragging this thing along and not use it," I held my guitar bag up.

"Well I'm glad you decided not to hide at the back anymore." He chuckled, "What inspired you perform tonight?"

I rubbed my neck, "I found the perfect song."

"Well you go knock 'em dead sugar." He gave me a big toothy grin and cleaned a few more tables before stepping onto the stage.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the weekly Open Mic night. We have our usuals performing for us tonight but we also have a newcomer who is very dear to my heart. My little granddaughter."

The crowd cheered loudly for the few of them that were there. Next thing I knew my granddad was back by my side, "The locals love me, they're kinda forced to love you too. No matter how crappy you are."

I laughed at the old man, "I'm assuming your old man told you about the wedding."

I sighed.