Chapter 8

Onika T. Maraj

It's been almost a month since Meek got locked up and I was slowly learning to cope with it.

"Damn Nic you getting thick." Deon said licking his lips looking me up and down.

"Um thanks." I walked to my locker exchanging my things.

I cleared my throat trying to figure out why he was still near me. "I haven't seen ya boyfriend where is he?"

"Not to be rude but that's none of your concern." I tried to leave but he placed both hands on each side on me.

"Come chill with me and my boys." He said licking his lips looking me up and down again.

"U-uh no thank you." I knew Meek couldn't do nothing but I was hoping the girls would.

"Ah come on Meek would never know." He kissed my neck and my bottom lip quivered.

"Please let me go." He chuckled angrily shaking his head. He kissed my neck again biting it. "Stop."

The bell ring so I knew the girls would be coming out, I looked towards Thembi giving her my scared look.

She nodded walking over. "Is there a problem here?"

Deon chuckled before shaking his head, he finally let my wrist go and I quickly rubbed them. "Nah ain't no problem."

He walked off and I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, I should've beat his ass come on Cookie."

•••

"Onika come here." My dad yelled from downstairs. I rolled my eyes putting back on my sweater so he couldn't see my growing baby bump.

"Yes daddy." I jogged downstairs. He looked up at me with a disappointment look.

"Is there anything you would like to tell me?"

My mom nodded looking down at my stomach, she was the only one that knew about that. "N-No sir."

"When were you going to tell me you put in an application for all these colleges look at how many colleges want to get you." I looked at my mom and we both shrugged.

"Yeah dad." I chuckled nervously. Maybe he didn't know, I walked infront of him smiling.

"I'm so proud of you Onika." He hugged me tight. I smiled hugging him back finally pulling away.

"Thank you daddy."

I heard a horn outside and ran to get my purse about to walk out. "Wait where you going?"

"Thembi mom wanted me to come over." He nodded I walked out of the house getting into Mel's car.

"Hey O."

"Wassup lil bit." He said driving off. I pulled up my sleeves since it was hot and leaned back.

"What happened to ya wrist."

I cursed myself out in my head forgetting about the purple finger ring going around my arm. "Um me and Deon had a misunderstanding."

"What kind of misunderstanding?" I sighed. Mel's temper was just as worst as Meek's since they were both from Philly.

"He wanted me to chill with his boys and I said no then he grabbed both my wrist so I couldn't move and started kissing on my neck."

He quickly looked at me before going back to the road. "Oh word? Looks like that lil nigga want me to pay him a visit."

"Just don't tell Rihmeek please."

"You know I can't do that Nic I told him I was gone look after you and I'm not letting this shit fly without telling him." I groaned laying my head back.

"Please Mel he's already in jail and you know how he is he'll probably try to kill one of the inmates."

He sighed before nodding. "Fine but im getting that lil nigga on sight."

"Do whatever you please." I smirked.

Robert R. Williams

I just finished my letter I was going to send to Nic, I don't wanna call cause I don't think I can handle hearing her cry and not be able to do anything about it. I sighed running my hands over my face, I had five long years in here. The one thing I was worried about was Nicki, she'd had to hear her dad tell her 'I told you so', I had to miss her graduation and everything else. I knew god had me, but maybe this is a new start.

- skipping to five years next chapter, along with a new addition added to the book 🤘🏽👶🏽