Fuck This Shit, I'm Out

After a few hours of staring at the ceiling and wallowing in misery, Stelian realized two things. One, that if Lucian claimed to be his mate, he would not have left him here with no answers, not have let the red headed woman talk down to him, and not have bit him on the neck without tell him why.

Two, that... well... the window was open.

Granted, it had a faulty latch, and the drop was about two stories, but an escape route was an escape route. Stelian made his way to the wardrobe, moving slowly as not to jostle his neck. He opened the wooden doors, filing through the hangers, pulling every pair of trousers he could find, until he found a heavy black cloak. He laid the cloak on the floor, then suddenly remembered the door.

After he had barricaded the door with a fancy chair, he found himself striping the bed and tying the sheets to the pant chain he had made. He tied the sheets to the bedpost, and wrapped himself in his cloak. He took one more look around the room.

"Pillows!" He exclaimed quietly, immediately covering his mouth. He counted to ten silently, before slowly dropping his hands, and grabbing the pillows off of the floor. He walked over to the window, and unlatched the window. It creaked as he opened it, and he shivered as a gust of frosty air entered the room. He pulled the cloak tighter before leaning out the pillow.

He thanked the stars no one was watching, before he threw a large pillow to the ground. It hit the ground, and the powdery snow puffed into a cloud. It was fresh. He smiled to himself, and straddled the window, holding onto the pant chain. He climbed out of the castle window, and scaled slowly down the slippery wall. About five feet to the ground, Stelian ran out of pants. He stared at the pillow on the ground, and took a deep breath.

Despite all of his survival instincts telling him not to, Stelian released his pants, and landed on top of the pillow, and rolled off into the snow. The white specks landed in his hair and on his eyelashes and he smiled brighter than he had in a while. He laughed, slowly getting to his feet. His euphoria was interrupted by a painful throb in his neck. He stopped down and made a snowball, and pressed it to the wound. The cool snow felt soothing on his wounded skin. He looked up at the castle, then turned away to face the forest, beginning his trek into the unknown.