Chapter 39: Retrieval

Natsumi POV:
We reach Caracole Island, only to find out that they are searching people.

"We have to disguise our guild marks or we won't be able get in and they'll probably arrest us."

We decide to use the Cait Shelter logo.

"You gotta let us through. We're on vacation." The men blush and let us in after Erza and I persuaded them.

Neptune decides to use her magic to transform into a human

I stare blank faced at all of my friends and we decide to go get something to drink

"This is amazing!" Erza exclaims.

"It's good. I like it." I say and continue to sip away at my drink.

My mind is going all types of crazy. We keep getting closer and closer to Alvarez. I don't know what the Spriggan 12 will think of me if they see me with...

I look to my side and see Brandish walking down the street. I want to hug her but I have to keep my cool. Then it hits me that if she sees me, she'll know that we're Fairy Tail and she'll send word to Zeref.

"I'll be right back." I whisper to Erza then run and hide behind the shack.

I sit there until I think she's gone and just as I'm about to walk out, the island starts to shrink.

This is Brandish's magic. Did she realize that we're Fairy Tail?

The island is soon the size of a rock and Brandish is standing on it. I duck under the water to avoid being seen. I swim as fast as I can to the ship and just as I reach it, the rest of my friends appear as well.

"Where'd you go? We couldn't find you." Natsu asks.

"Well you guys were to far away for me to get to you so I swam to the ship instead." I sound dull without meaning too.

We start towards Alvarez once again. But now we're in a submarine with a girl who calls herself Angel.

Natsumi POV:
1 day later:
We arrive at Alvarez and start to walk down the street. I'm wearing glasses with a hat and scarf so no one can recognize me. We see gramps and we all stop walking, to stunned to move.

We found him so fast... but he's not alone.

At the sight of it, I pull our group into an ally right when Natsu is about to charge.

"What are you doing?" Natsu almost yells. I shush him. Natsu knows that I'm from here. He should be more considerate. Obviously I know what I'm doing.

"Are you kidding me? Can you not read? Or even see for that matter?" I point around and there are banners that say "welcome back" and others that say "Zeref".

"We have to do this strategically."

Erza nods her head in agreement.

"That castle over there is where Zeref lives, which means that's also where the master is staying." They look at me confused.

"How do you know that?" Mest asks.

"That's a question for later." I say and Natsu throws me a glance that says be careful.

They're catching on now so there's no use in hiding it.

"Follow me." They follow me but they've grown suspicious.

When we get to a corner, I stop everyone and pull out my phone.

"What are you doing? We don't have time for-" I cut Natsu off.

"We need an escape route, right? Mest will only be able to get us so far."

I message Blue Pegasus and Sabertooth.

"Okay, here's the plan. After retrieving master, Mest transports us as far as he possibly can. By this time one or two of the spriggan 12 will be after us. Once he gets us as far as he can and we fight off our enemy, we get in to the Magical Converg that Blue Pegasus will bring. If we need reinforcements, Rogue and Sting will help us. They'll be with Blue Pegasus. Are you ready?" Everyone nods and we set out towards the castle.

When we're inside, I take them through a secret tunnel to the top. I see gramps but then I see Zeref.

"Mest get them out of here. Now. You know where the meet up point is. Wait there for Blue Pegasus and us. Hide if there's danger. I'll bring gramps back. I promise."

He's confused but nods anyway.

"No, you're not staying alone. I won't let you!" Neptune says. "You need a way back."

"She's right." Mest says right as I'm about to protest.

"Fine, but you know the drill." She nods.

"I'm staying with Natsumi. This is something we need to do together." Natsu says and for a split second worry and shock appear in my eyes and Erza sees it. She gives me a reassuring nod. I'm so thankful for her because she doesn't fight my idea for it to just be Natsu and I.

"I have to stay to then." Happy says.

"Neptune, take care of Happy." She nods.

Suddenly, everyone is gone except for the 4 of us.

I bet gramps knows everything about me now.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Are you?"

"Never been readier." There's a slight shake to my voice but the chance of Natsu hearing it is low.

He pulls me into a hug which shocks me.

"It'll be okay. We'll be okay." I smile at him slightly.

"Let's do it then."