Day 1: Holding Hands

Nick walked slowly, his hands were at his side as he walked down the park path toward the playground. He wasn't having a great time at home if you wanted to put it and he was almost in tears when he left the house for a walk.

Him and his mother haven't been getting along ever since his father moved away to work as a police man in another city, divorcing his mom. Nick would visit him as much as he could since he loved his father but his mother was always disgusted by him visiting his father.

Nick looked at his black high tops as they clicked on the cement path and he stuffed his hands in his jean pockets, he was wearing his grey shirt with SGC writing on it with white letter in the shape of a circle. Underneath his shirt was a tight black long sleeve shirt and his brown hair was a mess, he tried to style it as much as possible but it only helped a little to contain the monster other wise known as Nicks brunette hair.

He looked up and spotted the park a little ways away, he wasent going to the big one in the center of the big field with trees on the outside, no. He was just going to a small one with metal monkey bars, three metal bars not at the same height, a giant metal dome and four swings.

The dark clouds covered the sky as he sat down on a swing in the empty playground, his feet were on the group as his hands made there way to the metal chains on either side of him. Nick just stared at his lap as the sun was blocked out but yet a warm breeze blew in.

A single tear slid down his face as he tried his best not to break down sobbing.

"Nick?"

Nick looked up with speed as his eyes were met with a pair of ice cold blue ones.

"Nick are you ok?" Red asked him sitting on the swing beside him as Nick swallowed air.

"Fine" he managed to say as another tear went down his face and he forced himself to look away from one of his best friends.

"Your not fine Nick, look at me" Red demanded as Nick hesitated before looking at him. He was two feet away with the swings being so close together. His blue eyes clouded with worry.

"Tell me what's wrong" he demanded again.

"It's just.... an argument I had with my mom.... nothing else" Nick replied his voice cracking at the word mom. Red didn't but it.

"Nick...."

"She said I was worthless, and that I didn't belong in her house. When she realized what she said I was already gone......" Nick spoke a few more tears leaking out of his tear stained face as he looked away from Red and at his lap again. Red said nothing.

"I want it to end Red!" He sobbed not caring who was there or who was watching him, he stood up from the swing suddenly.

"I just want to end it all! I just want to kill myself!" He stared his hands stiffly to the side before he slunk back down and back onto the swing.

Bringing his hands to his face he started to cry.

Red hated seeing Nick like this, sure he was a cold hearted killer but hearing those words out of Nicks mouth just broke him. With no hesitation he stood up from the swing and kneeled in front of Nicks swing and Nick.

Taking his hands into his own and squeezing them. Getting Nicks attention and making him look at Red.

"As long as I'm here, you won't feel any more pain. Just look at me Nick. From the bottom and top of my heart I love you, and from this day on I'll do anything to protect you"