Chapter 1: Cali

Woken by the sudden sound of a big thud, Will sat up sharply in his bed with his eyes still adjusting to the light. He walked towards the hall to try found out where the noise came from. After following the noise he landed in his brother's room and before he could get a word out, his brother Dale said

"Dude have you packed yet?! We are leaving soon!"

"What are you talking about? That's only next week? The 24th right?" Will replied back confused

"Today issss the 24th doofus! You better hurry, the car arrives in 10 to take us to the airport"

Will quickly made a dash for down the hall back to his room where he frantically began grabbing clothes and stuffing them in the suitcase bought he had bought just weeks earlier, struggling to fit his wardrobe in this now seemingly small suitcase.

The boys had been told weeks ago that they were moving however to Will these weeks always seemed so distant and far away up until today when reality set in. Between long days at school and saying goodbye to everyone he must have lost track of the days. Ever since his mom told him about moving to Australia he had been so excited! It's Australia. This is going to be so rad he thought to himself, a fresh start with new people and a change from the usual California living.

In his head, Will had a million thoughts suddenly racing around, the idyllic mix of fear and excitement. He changed from pajamas into something more respectable, throwing on a black Nike jumper. After minutes of ferociously packing and shoving, he had managed to get all the clothes into the suitcase at last and was ready when a car horn echoed through the house as a car pulled into the driveway.

As per usual, he was the last one ready with Dale and his parents already out of the house and loading their gear in the car. Will bolted down the stairs missing a few steps along the way and almost causing an accident. He regained his balance and picked up pace running with his suitcase dragging behind like a rag-doll, bouncing around with each bump and change in terrain. He made it to the car just in time and before long the family had arrived at the airport. As they departed the car and headed towards the LAX Airport entrance, Will turned around and looked outwards with a grin on his face.

"Goodbye, Californiaaaaaaaaa" he said as he let out one long sigh of relief and snapped around to catch up to his family who were already inside. After boarding the plane and finding their seats the engines started purring in and increasing in speed. Not long after that, the plane was in the air. Will had managed to score himself a window seat after his brother struggled to load his carry-on luggage in the overhead lockers. He looked out the window at the people, becoming smaller and smaller until they looked like ants, going about their daily activities.

'This is really it..." he thought to himself.

'We are moving to Australia... New people, a new school....maybe I can get an Australian accent'

These thoughts swirled in his head every waking minute. He was finally going to achieve one of his goals, visiting Australia.