part 3

*The day Jake comes back*

I wake up at about 6:30 so that I can be the first in the shower. As I shower, I remember that today that guy Jake is coming back to announce who is going to adopt. I doubt it's me though, that's one of the only reasons that I hate being the oldest girl in this foster home. There is multiple younger girls here, everyone who adopts normally wants a young child so whenever someone comes the older kids don't get their hopes up.    

When I get out of the shower I put on a pair of black high rider shorts with a lavender Ivory Ella tee-shirt. I let my long curls air dry as I apply mascara and fill in my eyebrows. By now everyone is up and going down stairs for breakfast.

"Morning." I say as I go down stairs. There are 14 kids eating so I normally don't eat breakfast because it gets hella crazy in there.

I grab an apple and go sit out at one of the chairs by the pool. My phone dings with a text message from my best friend Skyla.

S: Hey girly whats up?

A: Nm, u?

S: Bored asf. wanna go to the park?

A: can't, someone's coming over.

S: Okay. well ill talk to you later.

A: ttyl babes

I hear the sliding door open and see Avery walk out. He's the oldest boy here at age 16. "That Jake dude is going to be here soon, Mary wants everyone to go to their rooms," He says. Avery is like my big brother, we have been in the same agency for 7 years together.

We walk into the house together and go our separate  ways to our bedrooms. When I got into our room, Margaret was playing with dolls on the floor. I decide to boxer braid my hair to get it out of my face. I play the song Water Fountain by Alec Benjamin on my  phone and sing along to the music as I draw Margaret.

I hear a knock on the door, "Come in." I say as I draw Margaret's big green eyes. I see Jake walk in.

"Hello Annabella, I'm here to adopt you!" Jake says. I smile.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am." Jake says.

I pack my things into a suitcase and bag.

I give everyone a hug when I get to Avery I start crying. I cling myself to his body and cry as he tightly holds me close him.

"I love you Avery." I whisper.

"I love you to Annabella. We can text or call everyday, okay?" Avery says.

"Of course." I answer giving him a final squeeze. He plants a kiss on my cheek. I see tears forming in his eyes.

"I'll call you tonight Avery!" I call as Jake helps me bring my stuff out to a taxi.

Next chapter will be up tonight