Chapter 10

(Don't play the song yet until I say so, please)

"Are you ready?"

Elijah questions and I take a deep breath,

"Yes."

Elijah takes a step forward as I walk by his side, entering the cotillion.

"This is beautiful," I state gazing at the sparkling chandeliers and embellished surroundings. There are some people I don't recognize and some with familiar faces.

"It is indeed." Elijah admits.

"Where's Klaus?"

"He should be arriving any minute." Elijah answers.

He stops and I stop from walking as well giving him a confused look, "What is it?"

He lets out a smile, "I would like to dance with you before my brother arrives and takes you from me."

I grin, "Okay,"

He takes my hand and lifts it up in his own and I place my other hand on his shoulder as he places a hand of his onto my back.

We start dancing to the slow song playing from afar.

"So how long are you staying?" Elijah starts.

"I don't know. Maybe by next week I'll have my own place."

"And you'll stay there until the end of this season?"

"When summer's over, yes. But don't worry, I won't leave without saying goodbye." I smile.

"Fair." He smiles back.

"Brother, already taken my date?" Klaus' voice blurts from behind me and Elijah and I turn to face him.

"No, Niklaus. I wanted to dance with her before--" Elijah smile fades as he gets interrupted by Klaus.

"Hayley," Klaus interjects and stares at me after glancing at my dress. "You look," he pauses when his eyes lock with mine, unleashing a smile across his face, "Absolutely beautiful."

I crack a smile widely, "Thank you, Klaus."

Klaus' smile lightens down as if whatever he was just feeling he just brushed off.

"May I have this dance?" Klaus offers.

"Of course," I place my hand into his and he escorts me into the middle of the crowd for our dance.

I can now hear the song that begins in the background - Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran.

(Now, play the song)

With his hand now on my back we start to dance as we motion closer and closer together, our chests now touching and we breathe the same air.

"Thank you," Klaus states as he gazes into my hazel brown eyes.

I arch an eyebrow, "For what?"

"If it wasn't for you, I would've been alone tonight." He admits.

I smile, "You don't have to thank me, Klaus. It's what I wanted, I wanted you to come."

I watch as he forms a smile.

I lay my head down over his shoulder as we continue to dance.

I sigh, "You know sometimes you can be the world's biggest jerk yet still be loved by so many."

From resting my head on Klaus' shoulder I can't place his facial expression.

"And you, do you love me?" He whispers softly.

For one moment it's quiet, before I answer.

"I do love you, Klaus."

A part of me can almost hear him forming a smile - if that's even possible.

As I still rest my head on his shoulder I smile.

"I love you too, Hayley. Always and forever." He whispers softly.

My eyes widen at what I just heard from him.

I didn't even realize how much closer we've gotten since we first started our dance, and how I've been holding him tighter. I let lose of him and lift my head from resting and look into his blue-green eyes.

I let out a smile as he locks his eyes with mine.

"Always and forever."

I say.

---

Hope you enjoyed this chapter loves, obviously I had to through in some Klayley for you ;)

Keep reading & stay tuned for more ;)

Love you all lots

VOTE & COMMENT

xx