Chapter 3

"Why are you here in New Orleans?" Elijah questions Damon as we look for answers.

Klaus, Elijah, and I lectured Damon to coming inside of the Mikaelson home for a seat so we can talk him into informing us of his arrival. Klaus called off the gathering tonight, and reassured with everyone about a raincheck.

As for the unexpected guest - Damon's from Mystic Falls, which questions us from to why he's here in the city.
He informs us as we are seated in the Mikaelson's den,

"I didn't mean to intrude and disrupt your precious reunion, but I was hungry and I guess I led my way to here." Damon shamelessly admits.

Elijah furrows his eyebrows and questions, "You're saying you killed people from Mystic Falls, to here, in New Orleans? That's states away, and your uncontrollable bloodthirst lead you here?"

Elijah gives a confused but expectant look before continuing, "Meaning you must've killed... hundreds of people, on your way here."

The bloodthirsty vampire sighs, "Yup, guess so." Damon confesses, looking tiresome.

I let out a humorless laugh, "Are you serious? Damon you can't just keep killing innocent--"

"I know, I know. What do you think my brother has been -hiccup- lecturing me?" Damon interrupts and groans.

I arch an eyebrow, "Are you drunk?"

Damon rolls his eyes in return, "No, I only had a teensy weensy little bit," he holds his hand in front of his face, motioning his pointer finger and thumb together, signalling for drinking just a little bit, as said.

Yeah right.

"Damon, you killed hundreds of innocents just from boredom and not to mention the drinkin--"

"Stefan will believe me, just call him -hiccup- and he'll-" Damon interjects again before I cut in,

"Stop interrupting me! Damon, you're drunk. You're leaving. That's it - period." I stand up from sitting and quickly grab Damon's forearm trying to pull him up from his seat, before he easily pulls away from my grip and plops back down on the sofa.

I take in a heavy sigh. "Klaus?" I motion my hand towards Damon who resists to leave.

"You want me to get rid of him, love?" Klaus lifts an eyebrow jokingly in return.

I roll my eyes and sit back down.

-

Damon slept in last night from Klaus offering him the guest room.

Apparently Damon couldn't make his own way back to Mystic Falls last night drunk and bloodthirsty, as he came; so without a doubt Klaus invites him to stay overnight. Which doesn't shock me really - Damon and Klaus are pretty close friends.

Oh my goodness... that smell - what is that amazing smell?

Pancakes? No that's not it.

Eggs, bacon? Can't be...

Omelets?

Wait, who's cooking? And, why? Klaus doesn't cook. Elijah barely cooks breakfast. I barely cook!

Rebekah?

Instead of ranting on in my inner thoughts I should go downstairs to see for myself, right?

I manage getting out of the comfortable bed I was resting on in the Mikaelson home, and walk downstairs.

Stepping into the kitchen with a large white t-shirt and black leggings on underneath, I come to the stronger smell of mouthwatering breakfast, not recognizing what it is yet.

"Damon?!" I blurt when I come across the tall, dark haired guy with a smirk upon his face as he's standing in front of the dinner table, setting plates.

"Yes, dear?" He grins and turns to me, with a confused look spread across my face.

"You cooked?" Is all I begin with.

He lifts an eyebrow in return. "Yes. Problem?"

I shake my head, eyebrows still narrowed.

"Good! Have a seat, there's omelets," he lectures and pulls out a chair from the table for me to sit.

I hesitantly walk over to the table and take my seat in the chair he was holding out for me.

He cracks a smile and prances along to the stove to remove the omelets from the pan. I glance back at him from over my shoulder when I hear heels on the wooden floors approaching this way.

I shoot a look at the archway for the kitchen to see who's walking, and I see a long blonde haired girl smile brightly towards me.

"Rebekah!" I gasp and jump out of my seat to rush to her and squeeze her in a hug.

"The one and only, Hayley Marshall!" She smirks and hugs me back.

"Where have you been?" I ask her as we're still in our friendly hug.

"Looking for Kol," she whispers.

I gently pull away from her, breaking our hug. "Find anything about him yet?"

She shakes her head, "Nope, my bloody devil of a brother must've hid him somewhere good."

I apologize in return and she glances at Damon, who is now a few feet behind me.

"What in the bloody--" Rebekah arches an eyebrow before Klaus walks into the kitchen.

"Sister! You made a return, it's about bloody time," Klaus gasps and spots Damon, "Oooh you cooked breakfast," he makes his way towards the plate of stacked omelets while grinning.

Rebekah and I roll our eyes.

"Last time I saw you, you stood me up for that girl, Katherine, was her name?" Rebekah begins aiming towards Damon.

Damon looks down at his feet showing an ashamed look, "Yes, I know but if you could just let me apologize I'd be happy to--"

"Please, Damon. Don't." She interjects and walks away, heading upstairs.

I look at Damon as he still looks down, and I try to suppress my laugh, "Well then," I add, walking past Damon to return to my seat to eat the omelets.

He brings over the two plates stacked with omelets for me and him considering Klaus is already eating, sitting directly in front of me and Damon sits beside me,

"She's still mad?" Damon starts asking about Rebekah.

"Well, you did offer her on a date and never showed up. Instead calling in and stating you were with Katherine. I mean who does that? You admitted to being with another girl when Rebekah and you had something going on, and you stood her up.

You practically cheated. Which is why she hasn't been taking your calls and hasn't planned on seeing you, ever again! And unexpectedly here you are," I inform him.

"Yes, but I'm sober now. Sober Damon, and ready to mingleee!" He claims when I glare at him.

"What?" He questions and eventually sighs, "I'll apologize sometime, don't worry."

Rolling his light blue eyes, he stabs the omelet with his fork and digs in.

---

Please vote and don't forget to comment! <3

Thank you all for reading, don't be a silent reader and let me know what you think.

xx