Chapter 5

"Welcome to Pino's, how may I take your order?" The short brunette waitress asks as she stands at the end of the table where Damon, Katherine, and I are sitting at, holding her notepad.

"I'll have a medium chocolate milkshake. Oh and a quarter burger, with fries!" Damon implies within the first moment after the waitress' request.

If Damon was a lady, he would make it out to be one of those girls who eat as much as they bloody please, and still make it out skinny as a stick. 

The kind waitress smiles and looks to me and the neurotic vampire sitting beside me, Katherine.

"I'll have a cup of non sweet tea, please." I answer.

The waitress - Melanie - stated on her nametag, writes down my order onto her notepad.

"A cup of water, please."

Katherine orders.

Melanie jots down the last order and returns a smile before walking back into the kitchen of Pino's Cafe.

-

"I kissed Katherine because she came to me. She came out of nowhere and claimed she was leaving; for good. And we were saying our goodbyes before she came out of the blue and kissed me. I thought she was leaving - she said, she was leaving. Rebekah you have to believe me, I didn't even--" Damon spills quickly, breaking the awkward silence between the three of us during the ten minutes we've arrived. Then I interrupted,

"That's why she was at the Mikaelson's, to say goodbye?"

"Yes, and then she randomly kissed me. And I didn't want that to happen." Damon spills.

I turn to face Katherine and I arch an eyebrow, "Why'd you kiss him?"

She sighs and her eyes lock with mine, "I kissed him, because I wanted to."

I shift my blue eyes from her onto Damon. I take a deep breath, "And?" Signaling Damon to continue on with the unfinished business.

"And, I stood you up that night because as you already know I was with Katherine, but I wasn't myself that night. You can compel her and ask yourself, if you don't believe me, you know you can. But the last thing I wanted to do was let you down. Rebekah," Damon reaches out to place his hand over one of my own and looks deep into my eyes, "I would never, never, do that to you again. Ever." He promises.

I know I can easily compel Katherine into spilling the truth - she's a vampire, I'm an original. I can compel her. But I won't. Because I believe Damon.

I hear Katherine gag and sigh
from beside me.

"And what about me?" She finally speaks out.

"You, are leaving." Damon clarifies and Katherine rolls her eyes.

"So that's it?" Katherine exclaims.

"That's it." I answer her knowing she was aiming the question towards Damon.

"I'm with Rebekah, Katherine. And you - are leaving." Damon states and glares at her in return.

Katherine stands up from the table we were sitting at and sends glares at me and Damon all at once, "Fine," she sighs,

"Goodbye, Damon."

She looks at Damon once more and walks out of the cafe.

I take in a deep breath as Damon's hand is still placed over mine, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I clarify.

Damon squeezes onto my hand, "I'm so sorry Rebekah, again, I truly am."

I try to suppress my smile but fail in response, "I forgive you, Damon. Do me a favor and don't screw it up again, please. Dealing with a Pierce is the last thing I would want to deal with within a day." I laugh and intertwine our fingers.

"I won't, I promise. And as for her; she's gone. You never have to worry about her coming around anymore." He spills and offers a widened smile.

"Let's go home-- I mean, back at the Mikaelson's." He corrects and I chuckle.

---

Thank you all for reading!!

Please vote loves!

A/N: Now that Damon and Rebekah are settled, he soon will be returning to his hometown Mystic Falls, where he came from before crashing over at the Mikaelson's.
As for Rebekah, that's her decision to stay at home, or leave by Damon's side.

Okay, now I'm so sorry if this was a crappy chapter. Tbh I didn't really like giving anyone's point of view rather than Hayley's - that is because I know I need to focus more on Hayley and the way she see's things. I apologize babes.

Comment & vote, please ;)

xx