Chapter 6

***Back to Hayley's POV***

It's been three days since Rebekah's encounter with Katherine. After Damon arranged a meeting with the two, Rebekah settled with Damon and as for Katherine - she's gone. Supposedly for good this time, she's on her way to Georgia to stay - never to return to Mystic Falls nor New Orleans again.

Unfortunately, Rebekah decided to leave with Damon as they start their lives together in Mystic Falls. She and Damon got to say their farewells before leaving the city. Rebekah said she'd be sure to visit someday.

Now this leaves me, Klaus, and Elijah to the house by ourselves.

Not for long though. I do plan on getting my own place - still here in New Orleans while I'm here to visit for the season.

"Care for a drink?" A passionate deep voice startles me from my inner thoughts. I turn from inspecting Klaus' paintings to meet eyes with Elijah who startled me.

"Sorry, what?" I lift an eyebrow, not figuring what he asked from startling me.

"A drink, would you care for one?" Elijah offers while looking as if I gave a confusing joke as he furrows his eyebrows.

I mentally face palm myself. "Right, sure." I nod.

Elijah chuckles and goes into the kitchen to get me a glass.

I look around the den that I'm currently standing at and wonder out onto the front porch outside.

Now staring up into the beautiful silent night sky, I spot a full moon.

It was then I heard a branch crack in the bushes on the side of the house. It sounded as if someone stepped on a stick.

I go down the four steps to get off of the porch and start walking towards the side of the house where the noise appeared to be, "Hello?" I call out.

There isn't a response.

Not a single noise.

I roll my eyes from the thought of me actually thinking someone can be out here and I sigh and turn to walk off.

And suddenly there goes that noise again. The crackling.

I stop. Having my back turned to where the suspicious noise is coming from.

I slowly turn my head to check it out.

I end up turning my whole body and face what's in front of me.

"Hi," I quietly say to the lightly gray colored wolf in front of me.

It's golden brown eyes stare into mine.

I don't run because there's no need to. I don't come any closer to it because I don't want to scare it off.

Instead I get down onto my two knees, still facing the silent and still wolf.

"Who are you?" I whisper.

I'm assuming he or she's a werewolf. And given that thought if correct, they would be able to understand me. So I wait for an answer.

I hear the front door shut from where I'm down on my knees still on the side of the house. Then I hear Elijah call for me, "Hayley," he yells with worry in his voice.

Elijah steals my attention from the yelling so I turn around to place him and can't see him because of him being around the corner of the house.

Looking behind me to glance for Elijah, I tuck a stand of my brown hair behind my ear and go to turn around to face the wolf again.

It's gone.

Vanished.

My eyebrows narrow from the empty sight.

"Hayley, what are you doing?" Elijah must've found me and he calls out from behind me as I stand from sitting on my knees.

I turn to face him, "Nothing. I thought I lost my earring out here." I lie and a confused look plasters on his face before he looks as if his confused look was erased and he continues, "You said you wanted a drink?" He points over his shoulder signaling the kitchen.

"Oh, yeah." I let out a believable fake laugh and walk to Elijah as he leads the way back into the house.

-

"And, what about this one?"

I take one of Klaus' paintings into my hands as the three of us are now standing in the den where Klaus keeps his paintings.

"That, love, is called 'A Picnic Under The Sun'." Klaus answers.

I arch an eyebrow and I hear Elijah laugh.

"You named one of your paintings, 'A Picnic Under The Sun'?" I ask him.

In return he rolls his piercing blue-green eyes, "Yes, I did. It's not the name of an art work that matters, it's the moral and meaning of the painting itself." He reasons.

"Guess you have a point there." I admit. Klaus grins and I crack a smile back as Elijah checks out his dark colored suit and tie in the mirror.

---

Vote & Comment please loves ;)

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!

xx